I chose to read The Appetite as Voice by Joan Jacobs Brumberg. This article, while very interesting to read, does not correlate exactly with my topic. This pice of writing is focusing more on the appetite of women and how food and women are related in that sense, while I am discussing more of the stereotypes in the kitchen. There were many references to sexism in this text, for example the quote:  “Doctors believed that women were prone to gastric disorders because of the super sensitivity of the female digestive system. Using the machine metaphor that was popular in describing bodily functions, they likened a man;s stomach to a quartz-crushing machine that required solid food. By contrast, the mechanisms of a woman stomach could be ruined if fed the same materials” (148) showed how even doctors at that time were sexist, and people believed men were tougher than women. This correlates slightly with the ketchup ad, how they said even a woman an open it, which suggests women are weaker than men. What i thought was interesting, even though its slightly unrelated to my topic, was when the author stated “Victorian girls adopted the aesthetic sensibilities of their mothers, displaying extraordinary intersect in the appearance and color of their food” (153). After this she began to talk about how men and boys were focused on the food and eating, while women were just interested in the display. I think this also resonates with the sexism surrounding food, because most likely the women are the ones who prepared the food, and therefore care more about its appearance. Going along with that, the author also stated that “Middle-class girls, rather than boys, turned to food as a symbolic language, because the culture made an important connection between food and femininity” (156) which shows that boys cared less about their body images, and women cared more. women were starving themselves and not eating just because of their bodies not being super thin, and no body really saw that in boys. This shows sexism because women eating was seen as unladylike, while men eating was seen as a normal every day activity.