Open Electronic Textbooks

Thoughts on the course –

I was pretty indifferent going into this course.  I took it simply to satisfy 3 of my 6 credit English requirements for pharmacy school.  I assumed there would be a generous amount of reading and writing involved, but didn’t really think I’d get much out of it.  What I didn’t expect is that it would be completely tailored to writing in the digital age, and that I truly would learn a great deal from the experience.  I really liked that we were able to see how digital technology and communicating in the digital age was conceptualized, became a reality, and continues to evolve.

Never before had I completed any type of work on thought association or been asked what I think about thinking.  The course definitely improved my ability to formulate thoughts, organize them into a cohesive arrangement and present them articulately (I hope!).  I had also never before utilized hyperlinks and multimedia into a “writing” project, which I think are useful tools to enhance the presentation to viewers.

Lastly, I’d like to thank Dr. Becker for being an amazing professor.

Dr. Becker,

The fact that you chose to continue with the course while you were dealing with your own medical situation speaks volumes to your dedication to learning and to your students.  Also, by setting deadlines for us but not harshly penalizing us for not meeting them to the exact minute allowed for a good structure to the course but still gave us flexibility to manage the course as best fit our schedule.  I’ve known professors that refused to accept a 20+ page research paper worth 25% of the total grade when it was a mere couple hours past the due date.  You seem focused on students learning and broadening their intellectual capability rather than “discipline”.  I think as long as the students gave an honest attempt at all of our assignments that goal was accomplished.

Thanks again and good luck to you all!

Jon

One comment on “Final Project Link

• Wow. You really used the media well. It all came together perfectly. You used charts, videos, pictures, exactly where they should have gone. I also like the way you organized it. Logical flow and it’s broken up with bullet point. It just looks really professional and well done.
    Knew yours would be good 🙂
    Good luck with Pharmacy School!