Uncategorized

Uncovering Richmond

10 Nov , 2014  

This past weekend, I decided to find Texas Beach, a place on the James River that I have heard lots of talk about. The first time I tried to find Texas Beach I basically got lost because it was dark (but don’t worry I wasn’t alone). Anyways, it was a beautiful Autumn day to go on the little hike to get the the beach.

I came across a bridge that crossed a canal and railroad tracks that was especially beautiful because of the color of the leaves.

IMG_9033 IMG_9039After going across the bridge and down four flights of stairs, you’re level with the railroad tracks and continue to be closer to the beach.

IMG_9048There’s even a nice wooden bridge because the trail is so popular. 

Through the trees, the beach emerges and I was very excited to have found Texas Beach!IMG_9055 IMG_9057 IMG_9077

The view was absolutely beautiful and breathtaking, I wish I had stuck around until sunset. IMG_9063

The sounds of the river never cease to calm me. We had a celebratory picture for finally finding the beach!

On the way back from the beach, a train intersected our path, the driver even blew the whistle for us! IMG_9087 The train seemed to be endless with car after car after car. I also love the rolling sound of trains.

IMG_9093The end finally appeared! I would highly suggest visiting Texas Beach because it was an absolutely amazing experience for me. It’s definitely is an oasis from the city of Richmond.

,

By

1 Response

1. crawfordml says:

Great pictures and video! To be honest…I’ve never been there myself. 🙂 Going to make a point of going soon, though.