Connecting Nugget

Posted on 02. Nov, 2015 by in univ200wonderpeople

“Millions of people join (and leave) dating sites each year, looking for their long-lost love or at least new friends to spend the days with. The vast majority do so without knowing much about online dating, except for all those urban legends, a few word-of-mouth reports and, of course, whatever the convincing advertisements say. For them, this list of 20 shocking facts about online dating in the United States, according to Statistics Brain, will be very enlightening.”

This paragraph I found in the article called “20 Shocking Facts About Online Dating.”  The article really surprised me because I have never thought of so many people have joined the membership on online dating sites.  The fact is there are 50 million single people in the US.  Over 50 million adult men and women in the United States are without a significant other.  The number proves that traditional dating sometimes doesn’t work out for a lot of singles.  Another surprised fact is 41 million people have tried online dating.  The vast majority of single people in the U.S. have tried online dating at one time or another. It’s safe to say that many single people consider online dating a viable option.  52% of online daters are men.  The other 48% of daters are women.  This percentage is good news for single women. They have a lot of options when choosing a man to engage or  respond to, or when finding someone new if one man ends up being a dud after a face-to-face date.

This source relates back to my first nugget source because the data shows there are a lot of singles who could not find their love ones in a traditional way, and a majority of them have tried to put their profile on dating sites.  With all of the facts presented I believe that online dating is going to be a growing part of our lives and our relationships  in  the future through the sites like or broader social networking sites like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter,etc..


Leave a Reply

Privacy Statement