Investigators Assemble!

1. Le Gathering:  When searching the internet and extended databases; tags I used included the following: Surveillance, monitoring, internet, web browser, privacy, anonymity, data, darknet, “dark web”, Tor, and alternative. These I decided were all pretty cut and dry search criteria that would lead me towards articles or sources with relevant information. Seeing how i’m researching how the popularity of the dark web may increase due to surveillance, anything pertaining to beneficial uses of the darknet would help me argue my claim. I figured finding current popular uses of the dark web would be a good starting point.
  2. Le Planning:  Thus far my sources all point towards uses of dark nets (multiple per source) which vary depending on the author. This ranges from avoiding national/international jurisdiction to anonymous socialization and discussions. However, not everyone may have reason to avoid the law and may just want to check the weather, or do some research with privacy. Since 2013, when internet surveillance was brought to public eyes, private browsers such as Tor and dark web usage has increased. It already takes up considerably more memory than the surface web you and I know. With the knowledge of public monitoring, entities such as the darkweb may become the new tool of the average citizen, in order to have reassurance in the safety of your personal data and privacy.
  3. Le Advising: Licklider, I believe would be pleased with the idea of anonymity and reassurance of the mind that is given with Tor and the darknet. Seeing how it would only be a convenience to the human intellect, for example: you wouldn’t have to stress over being hacked via IP address, or having your camera accessed by another person, perhaps you’re a reporter with sensitive information, you wouldn’t need to fret (as much) about the traceability of your conversations or exposure of sensitive information. There are less steps, less complication and less intellectual burden for you to focus on more important tasks. Bush I don’t think would be happy with the idea of hidden or concealed information which related to conflict and distrust. He would like to envision something more peaceful and innocent. Engelbart I think would be interested in the functionings of private nets, depending on the type, because he helped create something similar. Infact, most darknets are a cousin of what Doug first invented so many years ago. But on the other hand, if he would have been “disappointed” by what the internet currently was, he may be horrified by some of what the darknet contains. (Unfortunately in the end, the use of this tool is dependant on it’s wielder)
  4. Le mission: In the end my claim is going to have to do with the uses of the darknet and it’s future. Whether I decide to classify my use of “darknet” as personal nets, the mass of unregistered websites, or by the use or browsers like Tor, I do not know. But I do know what i will be discussing: what it is, why we should know about it, its uses, and its popularity trends. With a mixture of those parameters I believe the future of the darkent should be foreseeable.

3 thoughts on “Investigators Assemble!

1. Hey, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Opera, it looks fine but when opening in Internet
    Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to
    give you a quick heads up! Other then that, fantastic blog!