Da’Zha Hairston – Week 1 Blog Post

I think a personal website, blog or social media account can be used in my future teaching career in a number of ways. Children now a days are so involved in their technology, that they have so many different apps on their phones. Between Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, etc, there are so many ways for us to communicate with one another.  After visiting a number of elementary school classrooms while here at VCU, I have noticed a lot of teachers are beginning to trade in the pen and paper for an iPad or a tablet. Most children have phones, iPads, laptops, Apple watches, and all other forms of technology so that they can communicate with their peers. If I begin to take interest in some of the things they want, then I believe that it could be a start in improving our communication with one another. When I was growing up and began to notice that teachers started to implement more technology, I wasn’t really a big fan of it. Still to this day, I much rather take notes with pen and paper, rather than use my laptop. Although this is what I prefer, I am well aware that everyone is different. I’m excited to start adding technology into my classroom and seeing how much the students benefit from it!

One Reply to “Da’Zha Hairston – Week 1 Blog Post”