Project

My topic is the way businesses handle the use of social media.  I will be using Schoology.  I would like to teach a hybrid class that would last 10 hours (in class) and maybe 15 hours total.  My audience will be high school seniors.  I think because of the age group of the audience, I will have trouble convincing them that not all social media is appropriate for the workplace.  These students will have a struggle with understanding that the workplace may not be as casual as they are used to.

2 thoughts on “Project”

1. I think I get why this topic is best handled in a hybrid environment. But what are your thoughts? How will you use the environment to help them understand “that not all social media is appropriate for the workplace.” and that “the workplace may not be as casual as they are used to.”

1. This is one of those things that my mother used say “I can show you better than I can tell you”. Many times I use scenarios with students to get my point across. I use movie clips, commercials, songs, whatever it is that I can find that displays a really bad one and a really good one. They have to be so opposite that the students cannot help but agree with me. I have done this in the past with appropriate attire for an interview.