Differentiated Instruction

While searching for  online teaching and differentiation, I found “10 Sites for Differentiated Instruction” at http://www.techlearning.com/default.aspx?tabid=100&entryid=6226.  Because I read the faces of my students for understanding, I find that online, I have to work harder to give clearer and more concise instructions.  I have to make sure I give step by step instruction and explain any situations that may arise.  With this in mind, I have been able to go back to my face to face classes and give them clearer directions as well.  Variety is the part of the reading that I found to be the most interesting.  When I taught middle aged students a few years ago, I loved using an interactive notebook.  To me, it made the learning so much fun.  I think my joy and enthusiasm rubbed off on the students and made them excited as well.  I cannot wait to do more research on the electronic interactive notebook.  I will rethink my methods of delivery to make my module more interactive and interesting.  I want the students to be excited about learning and I think the visual appearance of my website has a lot to do with adding to or subtracting from the experience.