Groupthink in Beta

http://rampages.us/alyzh/2014/07/25/inquiry-project-beta/

Zhara had taken a long introduction to ease the audience into her topic. Her thesis was clear and to the point: she prefers tumblr out of all the other networking sites. Her thesis is debatable, because other people with different opinions might disagree with her, saying tumblr is not the best social media site. Plus, she used claims like cyber bullying, which emphasized why tumblr was less of social networking website, and instead a blogging site, where people are free to post what they wish to post without judgements from others. Everything seems good to go with her project. Citations (Bibliography)=check. Her statements are clear and easy to understand=check.

http://morganneperez.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/591/

Morganne is studying the topic of Pandora. She gives us why she wants to study Pandora as an introduction. She questions the legitimacy of Pandora’s technology, whether Pandora itself is technology. It took me some time to understand her thesis, because I was confused as to where she was referring Pandora as technology, the company itself, or the idea and the concept of Pandora music on internet. However, she furthers her claim to tell the readers that she is referring to a question:

Can Pandora really be called technology if it is completely controlled by humans? How do we define technology? I don’t believe that the World Wide Web is as deep as we have been led to think. Something so “ambiguous” as the Internet may actually be in the palm of our hands. I mean, think about it: what would the Internet be without people? It would just be sitting there with no purpose. Yes, we use the Internet, but we have more control over it than most people realize. Some technologies are advanced enough to function on their own, and we will call these products “computerized.” But most things on the Internet, especially for entertainment, are not. We will call these things, such as Pandora, humanized.

It was interesting to read her Inquiry Project, because she believed that we controlled technology, not technology controlling us. (And, I have different opinions from her, but reading through her blog post, I was agreeing with her with many of her statements and points.)