UCI Prep 11 – Let’s go

I was lining up to get into the ceremony then I saw this. I have taken quite a few silhouette photos, but nothing like this before.

← Previous post

Next post →

1. Another great shot. You’ve got a good eye for interesting compositions.

• Hi Tom, thank you for your feedback. I also notice that I’m quite drawn to silhouettes. Oh, and I wonder how did you come to this site? I notice that you’re not currently in the New Media Photojournalism class.

2. Excellent composition!

3. So cool! Love the silhouette effect.

4. Tony Tulloch

Both the silhouette and rule of thirds composition work really well in this shot, while the riders bring a human interest perspective.

5. This is really well-composed. I love the placement of the bike wheel in the center with the sun peeking through, it makes the entire photo so much more dynamic. I also think the movement and contortion of the people is another great element to this photo. I wonder how long it took you to get this shot?

• Hi lazyexpat, thank you for your comment! I was in awe of the human figures, too. I was waiting in line to get into the opening ceremony then I saw the silhouettes. The line was moving fast so I had to make a quick shot where I was standing. So I would say it took around 1-2 minutes.

6. This is amazing, I’m really impressed.