Week 5

Diamyn Franklin This week’s reading focuses a lot on some of the statistics and theories that affect African American families, including what defines a family as African American. Again, the book uses  the race, class, and gender paradigm to have a wider range of all the various systems that are oppressive but also privileged that can affect … Continue reading Week 5

UNIV 200 Grade

I am actually surprised to see how much of an A thinker that I’ve been with this class. In my previous UNIV class I can honestly say I was probably more of a C thinker. I think that part of that was my own laziness but part of that was the professor not making the … Continue reading UNIV 200 Grade

Skills, Dispositions, Insights & Obstacles reflection

Skills       This course was extremely helpful in not only building certain skills but also in helping us identifying our innate skills that are required for efficient academic, professional and personal performances. For example, one of the major skills that I developed was to learn “how to think and reflect” rather than cramming up … Continue reading Skills, Dispositions, Insights & Obstacles reflection

Thoughts on the class/skills

My strongest skill is being extremely passionate about the things that I am interested in. I’m incredibly passionate about psychology and helping people with mental illness and I used that as my paper topic in this class. Being so passionate about something helped me to be interested in researching and writing my paper. I actually … Continue reading Thoughts on the class/skills

Skills, Dispositions, Insights & Obstacles

So far we are preparing to write/finish our argumentative essay for this class and these are some of the area that touches while working on the project. “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” Skills: This … Continue reading Skills, Dispositions, Insights & Obstacles

Skills, Dispositions, Insights, and Obstacles

This class really challenged my thinking skills, and how I approach resolving an issue. I expected this course to test me on how well I could form and articulate an interesting argument. What surprised me was the emphasis on the interesting and significant. I feel that in this class I really refined my cognitive skills … Continue reading Skills, Dispositions, Insights, and Obstacles

Skills, Dispositions, Insights, and Obstacles Reflection

After recalling moments in this semester, I saw that I made a large improvement regarding my academic status. I learned new skills that will affect my capability to learn in the future, grew my dispositions into extended them  into ways that are secured and received insight as well. But the most important thing that I … Continue reading Skills, Dispositions, Insights, and Obstacles Reflection

S.D.I.O Reflection

https://www.smore.com/8t05a

S.D.I.O

Let’s just start off with the fact that Inquiry and Craft of Argument has been the most confusing yet interesting class I’ve taken so far in my college career. Math and sciences have always been my most confusing classes, but this one tops both of them. This class has made me dig deeper into my … Continue reading S.D.I.O

Skills, Dispositions, Insights & Obstacles Reflection