There are three main parts to the intellectual work we will be doing in this course.

1. Inquiry – asking interesting and significant questions, exploring those questions, organizing the questions, and planning for action.  We will do this by identifying and utilizing resources. We will create and access digital networks, we will call upon our peers in and out of class, we will access experts, and we will read and create. In other words, to ask great questions we must connect because more minds means more perspectives/options/opportunities!
  2. Argument – Let sound reasoning be your guide.
    1. We will make and challenge claims and arguments in every class session.
    2. We will research and pose arguments in multiple modes (tweets, gifs, essays, videos, blogs and papers).
    3. We will defend our grades using our work as our evidence…for better or worse.
  3. Make – There is a sense in which thought not applied is useless. We will be measured by what we do. It is our job to figure out how to do it well.
    1. We will create a digital journal (timeline) of our intellectual development throughout the course.
    2. We will create questions and illustrate in various forms our paths and our processes.
    3. We will create arguments manifesting them in different forms.

This will be a fun journey.  If it isn’t or you don’t want, I encourage you to explore why that is. I don’t want you to do anything you don’t find engaging! I’m here to help you figure that out. Own it.

Thought Vectors Syllabus

Syllabus: This is the shared syllabus for Thought Vectors. It will give you an overview of the what, when, why and how of this course. NOTE that the syllabus tells you to consult with me for adjustments. I will place all assignments on this website so you can see any adjustments. For example, during the first phase of the course we are exploring the implications of INQUIRY. All assignments will be posted here for this first phase.