Introduction Post

I’m Alex Siegfried! As you can probably guess, I’m really into Weasels! I’m excited to be taking this Sherlock Holmes Fan-Fiction class. I picked up A Study In Scarlet back in high school from the library, and really enjoyed it. I read The Hound Of The Baskervilles and The Sign Of The Four after that, and found the first of two collections of the complete Sherlock Holmes stories on Amazon und bought it. I really enjoyed that, and got the second. I haven’t finished that yet (I got a wee bit side-tracked with other books) but intend to. At some point years ago I watched The Great Mouse Detective, and I’ve also watched all of the animated T.V. series Sherlock Holmes In The 22nd Century, where Sherlock Holmes is brought back to life in the 22nd century because a new crime wave has struck. I’ve only seen Episode 1 of Series 2 of Sherlock, as well as the Doctor Who/Sherlock crossover video Wholock– I would likely like the show if I could watch if from the very beginning. I look forward to what we will explore this semester in class!

1 comment

1. Thanks for sharing your experiences — the Dr Who crossover might be a provocative topic for your final project, the review essay: I haven’t checked, but I’d be very surprised if Dr Who/Sherlock Holmes fanfics didn’t abound for your perusal and evaluation. I adore Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century, as it presents so many ethical problems now that weren’t on the horizon in the late 1990s when that show was in production. The group will surely benefit from your insights when we discuss that show (of which we’ll be specifically watching only one episode) for class.