- 9:15am: Building a Culture of Health in RVA: Why it takes more than just Healthcare, Danny Avula
Track A: Practice-focus
- 10:45-11:05: DNP Led Community-Based Intervention for Custodial African-American Grandmothers in the School-Based Clinic. Ethlyn McQueen-Gibson.
- 11:05-11:25: Meet Them Where They Are: Using Technology to Recruit and Engage High-Risk Community-based African-American Women in a Cardiovascular Health Behavior Intervention. Candace Johnson.
- 11:25-11:45: Intercultural Health by Primary Care Teams in Indigenous Health in Brazil. Zaira Taveira.
Track B: Education-focus
- 10:45-11:05: The Baby Turns 20: Evaluating An Interprofessional Doctoral Program In Health Related Sciences. Diane Dodd-McCue; Paula Kupstas; Teresa Nadder. Presentation not available.
- 11:05-11:25: Telehealth a “Team Sport”: A New Instrument to Measure Student Performance, Karen Kott; Tina Haney; Bruce Britton.
- 11:25-11:45: Refinement of the Team Development Measure for Effective Use in Assessment of Teamwork in Interprofessional Education Activities: Phase One,Kelly Lockeman; Wendy Madigosky; Janice Hanson.
Track A: Practice-focus
- 1:15-1:30: Health Brigade: Real-World Interprofessional Practice. Ari Laoch and Muriel Azria-Evans.
- 1:30-1:45: An Interprofessional Approach to Improving Social Determinants of Health: Osteopathic Medical Students as Case Manager Extenders, Alexis Stoner; Scott D. Ochs; Jeff Cashman; Summer Tebalt.
- 1:45-2:00: Harnessing Telehealth and Interuniversity Collaboration for Interprofessional Education and Care of Complex Patients: Addressing the Opioid Crisis, Rebecca Poston; Erica Lewis; John Owen; Maria Gilson DeValpine.
- 2:00-2:15: What Network Analysis Tells Us about Interprofessional Practice. Alan Dow; Elizabeth Micalizzi.
- 2:15-2:30: Visualizing the opioid overdose epidemic with a dynamic heat map to identify and predict vulnerable communities, Justin Chang, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine; Justin Chang; Garrett Wong; Chase Greco; Alan Dow.
- 2:30-2:45: Mapping opioid mortality rates across treatment capacity to Identify need and access, Garrett Wong; Justin Chang; Chase Greco; Alan Dow.
Track B: Education-focus
- 1:15-1:30: The ASPIRE Model: Grounding the IPEC Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice within a Foundational Framework, John Owen; Valentina Brashers; Julie Haizlip.
- 1:30-1:45: Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals: A Long-Term Follow-Up and Mixed-Methods Investigation of an Interdisciplinary Course. Sarah Braun; Caroline Carrico; Andrew Harris; Patricia Kinser.
- 1:45-2:00: Enhancing the Interprofessional Workforce, Beth Quatrara; Holly Rector.
- 2:00-2:15: Building the Mental Health Workforce Trained in Integrated Care Models, Kaprea Johnson; Jeffrey Moe; Kimberly Tufts. No presentation available.
- 2:15-2:30: An Ethics Healthcare Team Challenge: An Interprofessional Opportunity for Bio-Medical Ethics Education. David Trinkle; Chris Pile; David Musick; Richard Vari.
- 2:30-2:45: Culinary Health Programs: A perfect setting for the delivery of IPEC Core Competencies, David Trinkle, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine School of Medicine Department of Psychiatry and Interprofessionalism; David Musick, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine; Wilton Kennedy, Jefferson College of Health Sciences.
(Loc) Lead Author, Program/Institution/School. Additional Authors. Poster title.
- (1) Chuck Alexander, VCU School of Medicine. Scott Diegelmann. Elizabeth Micalizzi. Kelly Lockeman. Transforming Delivery of Online Interprofessional Education to Meet Learning Objectives and User Satisfaction.
- (2) Maria Altonen, VCU Injury & Violence Prevention Program. Amy Vincent. Michel Aboutanous. The HITS tool: The Importance of screening patients for Intimate Partner Violence.
- (3) Courtney Bell, VCU School of Pharmacy. Kristin Zimmerman. Teresa Salgado. Attitudes, preparedness and confidence towards deprescribing among healthcare trainees.
- (4) Cheryl Bodamer, VCU School of Medicine. Robert Seay. Saving babies together- nurses and care partners train as first responders.
- (5) Jessica Bourdon, Virginia Commonwealth University. Elizabeth Long. Rachel Davies. Cassie Overstreet. Creating a trainee-level organization dedicated to translational science: Lessons learned and member feedback examined.
- (6) Malek Bouzaher, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine. David Trinkle. Christopher McLaughlin. Interprofessional Education Through Service Learning: Assessing the Student Perspective.
- (7) Kathleen Bowden, Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU. Michael Schechter. Ginger Mary. Jennifer Ohashi. Addressing Medical Needs, Education and Social Determinants of Health in Asthma Management.
- (8) Caitlin Broome, VCU School of Pharmacy. Elizabeth Do. Julia Scott. Sarah Tierney. The Inter Health Professionals Alliance: The History and Evolution of the Kroger Outreach Program.
- (9) Olivia Caron, VCU School of Pharmacy. John Bucheit. Jessica Cerullo. Jamie Cook. An interprofessional intervention with behavioral health and pharmacy trainees to reduce smoking rates in the Spanish-speaking population of a free health clinic in Richmond.
- (10) Kaixin Chen, VCU School of Dentistry. Parthasarathy Madurantakam. Debra Barksdale. Hannah Ehreth. Accuracy of Automated Wrist Cuff Blood Pressure Measuring Devices Used in a University Dental Clinic.
- (11) Not presenting.
- (12) Charles Freligh, The Virginia Consortium Program in Clinical Psychology. Scott Debb. Impact of the Nonreactivity Sub-Facet of Mindfulness on Resilience to Stress in African American College Students.
- (13) Sarah Garvick, Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine. Courtney Brown. Carol Hildebrandt. Enhancing a Platform for an Interprofessional Faculty Development Program.
- (14) Jamie Holland, DNP Program, Old Dominion University. Tina Haney. Outcomes from a Student Run Interprofessional Clinic Designed to Address Social Determinants of Health.
- (15) Chantal Ing, VCU School of Pharmacy. Chris Chang. Janae Shatswell. Gabriel Martinez Alvarez. Una Vida Sana: The Importance of Inter-professional Student Collaboration and Leadership in Providing Cardio-metabolic Disease Screening Services to the Underserved Latino Population of Richmond.
- (16) Anne Jackson, VCU Health System. V. Ramana Feeser. Patient Communication in the Emergency Department.
- (17) Wilton Kennedy, Emergency Department/PA Program, Carilion Clinic/Jefferson College of Health Sciences. Randy Howell. Audrey Chen. Joel Bashore. Implementing a Clinical Interprofessional Fellowship in Emergency Medicine for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
- (18) Not presenting.
- (19) Richard Kunz, VCU School of Medicine. Susan Hamilton. VCUMC N2 Communication Board Utilization.
- (20) Patty Lange, VCU Health System. Patrina Bagby. Amenda Skipper.Connecting the Dots: A Collaborative Approach to Improving the Care of Children Undergoing Feeding Tube Insertion.
- (21) Sarah Marrs, VCU School of Allied Health Professions. Kimberly D. Davis. Ed Ansello. Pam Parsons. Care of the Complex Older Adult: Impact of a Faculty Development Program’s Clinical Experience.
- (22) Michelle McGregor, VCU School of Dentistry. Sharon Lanning. Kelly Lockeman. Advancing the Practice of Collaborative Care through IPE with Early Learners in Dental Hygiene and Dentistry.
- (23) Elizabeth Micalizzi, VCU Center for Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Care. Kelly Lockeman. Alan Dow. Are We Connecting? Using Network Analysis to Assess the Institutional Impact of Interprofessional Education.
- (24) Tammy Nguyen. VCU. Ramana Feeser. Anne Jackson. Kathy Baker. Finding the Right Prescription – The VCU Emergency Department’s Response to the Opioid Epidemic.
- (25) Victoria Rodgers, VCU School of Medicine. Siddhartha Dante. Sean McKenna. Salud Para Todo los Ninos: Providing a consultative comprehensive medical home by a team-based approach for children with complex illnesses in a low-income country.
- (26) Debra Shockey, VCU Health System/VCU School of Nursing. Cady Noda. Development of an interdisciplinary plan of care for pediatric patients…From Starfish to STAR service.
- (27) Tammy Swecker, VCU School of Dentistry. Shelly Orr. Strategies to Improve Oral Health in the Adult ICU- An Interprofessional Approach.
- (28) David Trinkle, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine. David Musick. An Interprofessional Public Health Walk.
- (29) Rick Vavolizza, University of Virginia School of Medicine. Holly Rector. Stephen Mein. Effects of an Interprofessional Peer Teaching Session with Medical and Nursing Students on Perspectives of Interprofessional Education.