He Got Up

So, as we all know today was Easter or better known as Resurrection Day, where Jesus got up from the cross with all power in His right hand. Every time this holiday comes around I get so excited because I am reminded of what my Savior did for me about 2,000 years ago, and not just my Savior but your Savior as well if you choose to believe in Him. If you don’t I really think you should reconsider because honestly, you’re missing out on a lot!

Anyways, for you all who do not know what Resurrection Sunday is or why I celebrate it, let me give you a little background. Resurrection Sunday is the Sunday where Jesus Christ the son of God rose up on the third day from death to restore and give us eternal salvation/life. See God sent his one and only son to come down in human form on earth and to live just as we are now or our ancestors did, in order to save and redeem us from sin (which is the bad things we do, that separate us from God). Now, however in order for Jesus to do this he had to be crucified on a cross.

Now, this crucifixion didn’t come easily Jesus was beaten until he was unrecognizable blood dripping everywhere from his body, he had a crown of thorns placed on his head which pierced through his scalp furthering the bleeding. Also he was nailed to a cross through his feet and hands, and pierced in the side. HE DID ALL THIS FOR US!!! I say that because its true, Jesus and God loved us so much that he sacrificed his son for us!! Like do yall not understand a type of love like that?? It’s unexplainable you can’t even fathom or totally understand it.

Jesus did all this for us, so that we were no longer chained to sin and all the shame or guilt it came with. Every sin we could possibly commit or do Jesus paid it all for us that Friday and rose from the grave that Sunday. Now, I’m not trying to preach to you or get you to switch religions I just want you all to understand the magnitude of the God I serve and how unfailing and unconditional his love is towards me and you! Like I want yall to realized Jesus didn’t just die for the people who believed in him, he died for the ones who even knew would never believe in him. Like that’s some type of love!!! To still die for someone you knew would possibly or never believe in you or believe that you were real or did any of this for them, THAT’S SOME TYPE OF LOVE. Because, if I’m being honest I would’ve never done that for no one, especially if I knew they weren’t going to believe in me.

But see Jesus isn’t like that He loves us so much that he was still willing to lay down his life for the people who said maybe I believe or maybe I won’t. So, if you have some time I just want you to reflect or even try to understand a love so deep and wide that nothing could penetrate or separate us from it. Why? Because Jesus paid the price for us all, our debts (sins) are paid in full through the blood of Jesus!!

So, thank you Jesus from rising on the third day!! Thank you for not letting me serve a dead God but a LIVING ONE. In the words of Travis Greene, “Jesus got up so I could get up again!!”

Motivation

As, we approach the end of the semester many of us are starting to lose energy or motivation to finish off strong. Well, this post is just going to be some words of encouragement that have been helping me push through all the way to the end of the semester.

So, first I just want to say for whoever feels this way keep going!!! Don’t give up you’re literally almost there to the finish line. You can literally tasted it on your tongue the freedom the victory the accomplishment of being completely done with your freshman year!!!! Just think about how proud your parents, sibling, or grandparents are going to be of you that you pushed through and didn’t give up !! Not only, them but how proud of yourself you can be when you get to the end of the semester.  To know that you were able to push through and complete a whole year of college FRESHMAN year at that, when some people or  your friends might have even dropped out.

Furthermore, just think about your goals that you set to keep you motivated. For me I remember that in order to be successful I have to do great in school. I try to trick my mind into thinking every assignment I have to complete is important because in each assignment I am learning something new I will need for the career field I want to work in. I try to come to class with an open mind ready to learn, so that way the days won’t go by slow nor the classes feel as if they are a waste of time. I just really try to remind myself as well all the money my mom has given to Virginia Commonwealth University so, I’ll be damned if I come back home and tell her I failed. If anything I want to make her proud and show her that, her money didn’t go to waste but that I used the money she spent on me and making it worth her while.

I just truly believe the only way you’ll have motivation for finishing the semester strong is if you master you mind. Everything is all in our brain, so if we can think positive and say positive things, it will be easier to finish out the semester. Or, if that is to much of a stretch just trick your mind into thinking school is the best thing ever and the funniest place to be. Lol, I chuckled typing that part up. Also, if you’re the party type think about it this way, if you don’t do good in school no more parties for you. Because your parents will be riding your butt and that is very annoying and stressful and it’d be easier if you just stay focused and motivated to do your work and complete the semester.

Hopefully, that was encouraging to you and makes you want to go harder to complete the semester. If not check someone else blog and see if they have something that will pull at your heart strings and make you want to do awesome in all your classes, which will pull you a step closer to making your dreams a reality.

Libby

So, this week I just want to get this issue that happened off my chest. Now, for those reading its not anything bad or monstrous, its actually kind of petty. But I just want to use this blog post to talk about it, next week post will be more interesting! Without further a do lets get into the pettiness. So, I’m apart of an organization on campus I will not say which because then that will expose the people, and I’m petty but not that petty. Therefore, names will not be administered here I’ll just use fake ones, but yall get the point.

Anyways, in this organization we have certain jobs to do or positions so to speak, that everyone should be keeping up with and on task for.  Libby(fake name) is in charge of reserving rooms so our group has places to meet on our certain days, to discuss information. Well Libby hasn’t been doing anything she’s been very lazy in doing her job of reserving rooms. Now, you’re probably thinking I’m exaggerating or being critical but I want to tell you that I am not. I say this because we live in GRC many of you know this is the newest freshman dorm, so I’ve told Libby many times all you have to do is email the person in the office of GRC and ask to reserve the room. But, because Libby is so lazy she refuses to do so and just uses Broad and Belvidere because one of the other leaders lives there and said she can get the study room for us.

Now, many of you are like okay so whats wrong with that? Less work for her right? NOOOOOOOOO, Libby doesn’t understand that when our organization has events not many girls come because its too far of  a walk versus GRC which is closer and easier access. So, Libby text me asking is the movie room reserved for GRC for our meeting and I text back IDK. Why did I say this back? Because, I honestly didn’t know so, Libby takes offense and asses me a different question with the same meaning as the last one. I simple give her an answer of yes, but isn’t this your job to do? Which it is her job to do, but Libby gets upset and keeps running her mouth. I simple just k, her to end the conversation because it was no need for her to add extra stuff in the text message.

However, I know you guys are probably thinking that was rude of me to k her, but it was rude of her to keep talking to me as if she lost her mind and I wouldn’t slap her silly. I am not a violent person, unless someone hits me but I just thought that would be funny, but I seriously will slap her if she tries me. I just don’t understand why she felt the need to be extra like girl, you’re mad cause you’re not doing your job. I’VE BEEN DOING HER JOB FOR HER!!! I don’t mind helping but shes not even trying to reserve the rooms, which is like girl its not that hard just send an email.

BTW I am not mad at Libby I just want her to learn how to do her job instead of running her mouth. With all that talking she was doing she could’ve emailed the person for the room reservations. So, if you take nothing from this don’t be the Libby of an organization do your part and be a contributor to the group/organization, not a roadblock. PERIODT!

LifeBoat

So, as you all know everyone of Galligan’s classes had to do the LifeBoat exercise. Well, because it was so stressful I just want to talk about it in my blog for this week. Now these are my options, choices, and reasoning so, please don’t think I am an monster lol just hear me out first. We were all asked to go home and ponder about our decisions for who would live and who would die. Now,  I already knew in class who I wanted to live and die and my classmates and I where having a very productive debate about our reasoning’s of why or why not. I believe that some of my classmates where being a little to generous of who stays on the boat, and who died. Just a reminder: NOW IF I COULD SAVE EVERYONE, I WOULD, but those are not the options that have been given.

Now, lets dive right into who would be kicked off the boat forced to potentially die. The first person who has to go is the lifeguard, for obvious reasons (HE CAN SWIM), so I really think he should just swim behind the boat. It’s not fair that he gets to be in the boat when he can just swim behind it to safety!  I mean that’s just my logic in this situation. Second, is the woman who thinks that she is pregnant. Like girl if you don’t know if you’re pregnant or not to bad!!! You should have taken that test, matter of fact you shouldn’t have had sex and not been married then she wouldn’t be in this predicament and possibly dead. Lastly, if you think you’re pregnant why are you on a boat in the middle of the ocean putting your supposedly unborn child in harms way, (NOT A GOOD START OFF TO MOTHERHOOD). Again (THIS IS ALL JUST FUN AND JOKES I WOULD NEVER SAY SUCH OR EVEN THINK TO BE HARSH OR CHOOSE WHO DIES).

Oh, please believe I did not forget about granny with the fifteen grandchildren. She’s definitely voted off the boat, I just think she has lived her life and although her family will miss her its so many of them they will be able to console each other. Grandma has to go there is no other way, unless she is really good at cooking then that might possibly change the whole scenario.

Now, for those who will live. The two married couple, at first I was going to get rid of them but I thought why be so cruel. I thought what the heck let them enjoy their life they just got married, this trip could possibly be their honeymoon gone wrong. Then I was going to keep the veteran nurse because she has skills, duh I mean it is pretty obvious she’ll be needed. Lastly, I’ll keep the twins, although they have no busy being up there on the boat without their family, I’ll be gracious and spare their life. It wouldn’t be right to kill one twin, I might as well eliminate the both of them but, I’m feeling a little generous right now.

These are my options you can call me a monster or horrible, but honestly I didn’t have a choice Professor Galligan made me do this terrible terrible choosing, which has broken my heart in making me the ender or beginner of life. P.s these are all jokes Professor Galligan (DON’T LOWER MY GRADE BECAUSE OF THIS).

P.S. I don’t even know why I keep using all caps.

Us

So, this past weekend I went home because I had to speak for Youth Day at my church. Which by the way it went very well, I’ll possibly make a blog about that and how it went, but for now I want to talk about the movie Us. While I was home I took my friends who came to support me and my sister to go see the movie Us. Which by the way if you haven’t seen it, it is a must see. Literally it will blow your mind. I’m writing this blog because I want to get my frustration and thoughts out about the movie, so I’m pretending as if I am a movie critique.

First to start things off again the movie was very good, kudos to Jordan Peele and his magical thinking. As, I was watching the movie, I thought it was so cool how he incorporated a real fact that we as human have shadows, which we do. But, the shadows he were referring to were made by the government but an experiment gone wrong, and the real people where never meant to see the shadows. But, Lupita the star character in the movie, her person went somewhere and it exposed her to the shadow, SHE WAS NEVER SUPPOSE TO BE.

Now, as the movie went through I thought I understood all of it. Like everyone who’s reading this blog I want yall to understand the disgust that I felt when I seen the end of the movie. It showed me that I knew absolutely nothing!! Like Jordan Peele really hit me with a plot twist, and like I was so baffled. Because, like I just want yall to understand how much I thought I knew the movie and how bad the ending had me sitting with my mouth wide open like what the heck!

So, if you haven’t seen this movie and plan on it please do not keep reading cause this is where I’m going to explain why I was confused. At the end of the movie the boy who was the ladys’ son, realized that his mom was the actually the shadow, and she supposedly killed the real girl who wasn’t suppose to go somewhere and found her shadow. I’m just like how the heck did I not know that this was the bad girl, like I literally watched the entire movie thinking I knew what was going on only to get to the end and see that everything was destroyed in my thinking.

I really would like to talk to Jordan Peele and ask him why would he trick me like this? I need to know exactly why would he created so that the bad girl aka the shadow, got to experience the life the good girl was suppose to have. Then on top of that will there be a second movie on Us, because it is just so much to uncover and fix, because I’m not pleased with the way it ended.

Watch Your Mouth

So, Monday I had Lifeline (Bible Study) in the Rams Lounge in the commons. One of the ladies from the church called The Life Church in Richmond was speaking that day, because she is a good friend of Aaron who is the Student Pastor. We have been going through a series called future me and goals, so the lady talked about our words. The title of her message was Watch Your Mouth, hence the title of my blog this week.

As, she began to talk she told us the stories of how her sister and her use to argue and say mean things to each other. She further went on to say how her mom would tell them to watch their mouth, and she never understood why it was said. Until she got older she realized that her mom would always say that because she realized her words have power. She realized that the things she said would have influence over her life and how it played out. She even posed the question to us maybe  the reason we aren’t where we want to be in life is because of the words we are speaking.

Even, if you are not a spiritual person hopefully you’ve realized that words are powerful. That they really do determine the outcome of your life. Just think about it, if you’re always speaking negative or bad things about yourself or others you’ll never be successful or happy. How I know that words are powerful because depending on what you say to people will either encourage them or discourage them for a good while. You literally have the ability to either make yours or someone else day or destroy it just with the words that come out of your mouth.

So, back to what the lady was saying she was just advising us that in order to fix our words we have to know who God has created us to be. We have to know if God thinks so highly about us, then we should think the same and not otherwise. Because, we were made in His image and likeness, so therefore each one of us are the bomb.com! As she was saying this it really made me think that I need to make sure I am being careful of what I say out my mouth especially when its about myself. Instead of being negative I need to be positive and encourage myself until I truly believe every good thing I say about myself. Not only that but I need to do the same for others, to not gossip but uplift other individuals, encouraging them to be their best selves.

Once, the lady had finished speaking she challenged us to write down five affirmations and to say them everyday of the week to see how it effects our everyday lifestyle. So, I need to write down some affirmations and say them everyday to stay positive and help influence my goals and dreams I want accomplished. Lastly, anyone who reads this just know that your are an awesome divine beauty and to speak kindness over yours and other peoples life!

Communication

How I define what is a good conversation to me or not is by if the end of the conversation I have either learned something, or walked away with a new outlook on certain topic. In good conversations I like to have I want them to be challenging and make me think. Almost, to the point where I am questioning is what I’m thinking justifiable and etc… I love conversations also where I am right and the other person learns from knowledge I am able to share with them and vice versus. I feel like conversations should be natural and not forced, meaning it shouldn’t be robotic or rehearsed, but it showed flow.

I have never really thought about how I carry out a meaningful conversation. As  I think about it I probably just start talking to someone naturally either my facial expressions or body language will signify if I’m interested or not. If the conversation is really good I will lean in or say a lot of feedback during the conversation. In my conversations I have with people, I’m trying to learn how to be more of a listener in the conversation before speaking. I’ve definitely learned that a good conversation requires lots of pauses. Because how can you truly listen to someone, if you’re always trying to but in?

I believe that the major differences between written and oral communication is how it is displayed in conversation. With written communication people can interpret what you are saying any way the perceive, even if it is not how you envisioned them too. Another, thing about written communication is that it allows you to express yourself without having to be verbal. So, if you’re a shy person this is like the best thing you could ever do, you get your point of cross without having to even say a word out loud.

Although, with oral communication however you deliver what you are trying to say verbally is how your audience will interpret. Also, with oral communication you have to be very careful on how you deliver your message to others, and you have to make sure your body language is a certain way. Because body language is also a part of verbal communication. They way your body language is determines how you feel about a conversation you are having with someone or a group of people.

How I move between the two is by determining what kind of conversation I want to have. Sometimes, I don’t feel like talking so I will text people instead which is my written communication. Or if I do want to talk verbally I will but I am cautious of how I present conversations and the way I interact in them.

Spring Break OH Yeaaa

So, since we have to do a blog during our Spring Break let me tell you all exactly what I have been doing. Now this might be a surprise to many of you, but honestly I almost forgot we had to do a blog this week. So, now I’m like okay what the heck am I going to write about ? Welp I’m going to write about what I have done so far for Spring Break, which is nothing. I’ve done absolutely no work so far up until now, because this blog is due Friday.

Well actually I recant I have done somethings not school related of course, because such a procrastinator. Anyways, I have done some things so far on my break. Just about everyday I have to wake up around 2 or 3 am to take my mom to work, because we’re sharing a car right now. Then once I take her to work I drive back home to sleep, and wake up to her beautiful calls of nothing (I want to cry every time she does this). Then we go to our other job and work for a few hours and go back home.

Some other things I have done on break, I’ve had practices. You would think that my instructor would go light on me since I’ve been at school, nope he doesn’t believe in that lol. I’ve also slept all day which has been so wonderful, but then it gets boring because its like alright I’m running out of dreams while I sleep. Oh and I’ve been watching my dog. He’s a puppy chihuahua and he is always in every darn thing. Like he always wants to be played with which is expected because he’s a puppy but its like dude can we just chill and watch Paw Patrol together? One of my least favorite things I have had to do over the break is pick up dog poop. Now I know they can’t do it themselves but I honestly wish they could. I hate picking up other people or things poop, besides mine.

Although, it sounds like my Spring Break has sucked it honestly has been great. All the annoying and fun things are what makes it the best Spring Break, and the fact that I get to be home with my family makes it all the more better. Oh but I’m not finished in what I will be doing to end my Spring Break, I’m going to my friends birthday party at Bahama Breeze, and I’ll be hanging out with my other friend. Then my uncle is going to make me rice krispy treats to take back to school, so Spring Break ending is going to be great.

Beginning

So, I decided to go back and read the Bible from the beginning to the end. My reasoning for this is because I wanted to start being able to analyze the Bible more rather than just reading it and then closing it. I want to be able to catch things that I would not be able to by just reading it once, I honestly want to learn and grow with God and what better way to do so by starting from the beginning where it all began anyways? So, today I read Genesis chapter one, because I’m going to read a chapter everyday analyze it and meditate on it all day.

So in Genesis chapter one it literally talked about the beginning of the earth and how God formed it and all that He made, and how it was all so, so, so good. As I kept reading I started to catch little things that I had not even noticed or even tried to analyze to understand the deeper meaning of the passage. It was like revelations were coming to me, and the pastors or preachers I listened to who might have spoke about parts of this chapter I was reading, were finally coming together and making sense.

Furthermore, I decided to bless you guys with what I learned as I read Genesis chapter one. “And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.” This lets me know God’s presence is everywhere, that he is not human like, but spiritual. That He is powerful enough to be anywhere and everywhere all at one time, and that He is the creator of everything. God made all creations, everything that He made was good. I learned that God is very detailed in what He made during creation, He takes His time with everything. Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness.” As I kept rereading this I realized God was having a conversation with Himself. If you’re a Christian or believer then you’ve probably heard of the saying The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and this was shows relationships between all three that are one.

This tells me God made us in His image, because He wanted us to be like Him in ALL ways. I believe it shows me God’s desire for us to have life and that He gives a purpose in this life, so for anyone who feels like they have no purpose, don’t believe it God sees so much value in you!!! But then as I kept reading it talks about how God created man and female, so this means we are equal with different roles God assigned us with. Then God blesses us and everything on the earth, He wants us to be prosperous and to flourish. God clearly makes His intentions known for and to us. Everything that God makes or touches is so good.

P.s. I am not trying to persuade you or anything these are my personal blogs and opinions of what I have learned or experienced, so please if you don’t believe either don’t read it or be offended!

Sex

I learned in Lifeline  which is (Bible Study/open discussion) this past Monday that sex was intended to be good but in its right context. Our student pastor taught us that God intended sex to be good but only under the context He put it in. Meaning sex is meant to be good for a husband and wife, NOT and I repeat NOT boyfriend and girlfriend (or whatever your preference is), not a friend with benefits, or a Netflix and “chill” kind of relationship. It was meant to be between a husband and wife, because it is more than just sex. Your souls connect and you become one with your spouse, that is confirmation of God’s covenant between the two.

So, many people believe that all it is, is just sex but it is so much more than that. Sex has become a popular thing where as if  you don’t do it then your laughed at or ridiculed. Furthermore, people are just having sex to say they did it, and don’t even realize the damage they are causing to themselves and there partners. Sex out of its proper context God designed it in causes so much trauma and many wounds, inside and out. So, even if you don’t believe, there are other facts of how sex out of its proper context is harmful.

For example, having sex out of its proper context it was designed in can cause diseases. Many individuals have sex with their partners, but don’t know who else their partners are having sex with, and end up with sexually transmitted diseases. Some of these diseases aren’t curable, so just think about it would you rather have sex in its proper context? Or because you want that moment of instant gratification, you’re willing to sacrifice your personal health forever?

Another reason of how sex out of its proper context is destructive, because it doesn’t fix the void that person has in their life they are trying to fill by having sex. My youth pastor said during Lifeline while talking about sex, when you do it outside of its proper context, that having sex only digs a deeper hole in your soul. Meaning your only making the problem or the issues you are trying to fill with sex bigger. It just creates deeper voids, that will never be filled or healed by having sex.

Now, sex is good of course because if it wasn’t then no one would be doing it and there would be no one on the earth. But, sex is only good and healthy in the context God designed it in, which again is for HUSBAND and WIFE. Why because its meant to be shared only between those two to show and confirm God’s covenant between the two. Also, sex is good in its right context because it allows you to reproduce (children). My youth pastor put it like this sex or intimacy he said “In to me you see” meaning that sex shouldn’t define you or your relationship but that your partner should be able to see you more than just in a physical aspect. They should get to know you for you and not what you have to offer.