Screenshot Reflection

my browser

I don’t really find that my browser history provides an adequate portrayal of my thought processes. When I was considering the essay and writing my nugget, my mind fairly immediately arrived at the Radiolab episode that I included. So, instead of a screenshot of my browser history, I’ve included one of the tabs that I had open at the time that I was composing my blog post. This plethora of different sites that I was perusing simultaneously, all for the sake of elaborating upon four or five different paths of thought, represents a fairly common state of ordered chaos for my internet browsing. Whenever I allow others to use my computer, they are appalled by the copious amounts of information that I keep available to me. As the orchestrator of the madness of my internet browser (and also my equally cluttered desktop) I know how to navigate through the noise and I have a system of organization in place within my seemingly anarchistic computer habits.

My mind thrives in a state of disarray. What causes others to become anxious or distraught allows me to feel empowered. I tend to jump around alot. My thoughts exist as quantum energies; instead of gradual transitions ebbing and flowing they sporadically ricochet off of and collide with one another. They are all in conversation, but not in the way that people hold conversations at a dinner while discussing a potential business deal. No, they’re more like wriley children yelling over one another and yelling ever-louder when they feel ignored, because an increase in volume is the most logical way of conveying a point.

3 thoughts on “Screenshot Reflection

1. When i think, i’ll remember the littlest thing that will trigger another completely different thought and next thing you know, it’s been half an hour and I haven’t finished my original thought yet.

I’m jealous that your mind works well when cluttered though. My mind always feels cluttered and I can sort through some of the stuff and when I can come up with a good thought, something always seems to block a big enough part of it to keep me confused.

2. When I do research for an assignment, I also have many tabs open at the same time. I feel as though it is a good external multitasker, and allows my brain and my computer to work in sync and do the job better. It does look messy and cluttered, but it does help the work come along.

3. Yes, but if the point is to record the order in which you flitted from site to site, then the tabs are really only a record of the fact of your associations (rather than a trail through them that we could follow). It’s impossible to read thirty pages at once, even if your browser can countenance all of them being tabbed simultaneously.