Uncategorized

The Princess bids you all a lovely farewell!

I never thought this day would come! Final blog. Final post. Final replying to 2 classmates. In addition, this upcoming Monday is our final class together as a whole. It’s going to be so sad to depart and go our separate ways, but I am actually happy to have virtually meet you all, including Dr. C! This was actually a class my advisor recommended me to take as a last minute class since my other was taking place in-person at the last minute. The fact it was British Literature was already exciting considering I’m passionate and invested in the British culture as a whole!

I’m really going to miss logging into class, listening to the wonderful music Dr. C plays before beginning lecture. My other professors doesn’t do this, which makes British Literature my favorite class. Reading Beowulf first was a special treat, and still ironic to read the epic poem twice (in my English 215 class) as well as read more beautiful poems about princesses, knights, wars. It was great touching on Shakespeare too! Having the forum up for us to post during the week was a great alternative to connect with classmates.

Dr. C is an absolute sweetheart, passionate, supportive professor! The fact he was willing to start doing Movie Mondays, Story time, and Town Hall was incredible and keep the class actively engaged.

Thank you so much for a beautiful experience in English 203 Dr. C!

Uncategorized

Almost at the end of the tunnel

It almost feels like it was Aug 17 and here we are towards two more weeks left of meeting on Zoom with Dr. C. While it was interesting to learn about Adam and Eve on a deeper level by Milton, it was very difficult to stay engaged in the topic each time we met. I was honestly expecting to love all the readings, but I guess I have my absolute favorites and others I wasn’t too passionate about. I’m still trying to decide what gift I will bring on the last day of class, but also since my interest on Paradise Lost wasn’t as strong compared to the other readings does make me a little worried for the final test. But I’m glad there’s only one more final quiz for the course and then we’re stress free….for the most part!

Uncategorized

Anxious Week

So now we are in the month of November, as we have a few weeks left until the semester is over! I can’t believe the final test will be approaching soon, especially since we just completed test 2. I am pretty confident I did fairly well on the last test with taking Dr. C’s advice to heart and applying it with my answers. It does make me anxious about what the results can be though! Overall, this week has been a little easy but also yet stressful due to election week. It was almost hard to stay engaged during the lectures this week because of that. I feel like Paradise Lost is one of the longest readings we’ve read thus far, compared to Othello being incredibly short!

Uncategorized

Halloween is Near!

We are now reaching the end of October! Now, we shall finish it off with Halloween! Although, it’ll be different this year due to the pandemic, I hope everyone still has a great holiday anyway! Reading Othello in class felt so quick, since now we are focusing on Paradise Lost. I’m not too crazy about it, but it is still interesting to learn about the context behind Christianity and Satan being either a hero or evil. When I think of Satan, it immediately represents the Evil One, so having an outside perspective through this poem was quite interesting. Finally, I’m hoping my 2nd reading test will be a stronger result compared to the first one, hoping for the best!

Uncategorized

Shakespeare and his complexity

It was great that we touched on Shakespeare during the semester! I really enjoyed reading Othello, as well as watching movie clips to get a visual idea of the scenes. Using videos plus looking over the passages makes the class more entertaining! It is ashamed Desdemona is torn between love and abuse against her husband. I think while he became a jerk to her, she on the other hand wanted to see the good in him, in hoping things would turn around.

This week went by fairly quickly, and soon enough the semester will be coming to an end. I hope these last weeks we have together we come out strong!

Uncategorized

Time to Rest…

With no quiz this week! I am honestly glad Dr. C decided to allow us to rest our brains a bit, especially before our next upcoming test. I really enjoyed learning about Ameila and the biblical details about Jesus. The weekly discussion today was great yet also relaxing. I also had my meeting with Dr. C as he delivered and gave me some helpful tips and tricks I can do to come out of this class strong once it’s over. He’s always encouraging and kind hearted, and it keeps me motivated to work harder as the work overall isn’t stressful or unable to keep up. My other classes are quite manageable too, so I have not been too stressed lately even with the midterms.

Uncategorized

A Happy Ending

And now we are reaching the end of the week, as well as coming to an end with the Faerie Queene. I’m glad there was a happy ending between Red Cross Knight and Una in becoming engaged and eventually leading to marriage. It was a wonderful adventure as it definitely felt like reading a cliché fairytale! I thought the battle with the dragon was one of the best and epic scenes. I really hope there will be more readings like this before the semester is over.

Friday’s class was definitely different compared to Monday and Wednesday’s lectures, as now allowing my peers to have a conversation about the class overall sounds like a fantastic idea as I like to hear my classmates thoughts, questions or comments about this class as this is  my favorite class. I always look forward attending them, and even having music before the lecture starts certainly lifts up the mood!

Uncategorized

A pile of knights in one stack!

I know it took me a few days to officially start reading The Faerie Queene due to a hint of motivation. But once I started reading the chapters, it immediately drew me in and I ended up reading the entire thing as I was keen on what would happen next. It amazed me when the Lion did not attack Una, but rather was inspired by her gentle beauty and wanted to be her protector throughout her journey. It was sad witnessing him get executed by another knight.

The Witch was certainly manipulating with tricking Redcrosse, separating him from his lady, and in exchange poor Una being tricked by Archimago convinced it was her loyal knight. It definitely reminded me of the cliché themes, a guilty pleasure of mine, along with kidnapping and happy endings.

I am happy I got a good grade on my first reading test, as I was worried about what the results would be. And I was also happy to redeem myself with the last quiz, and hopefully this upcoming quiz will come with the same positive results!

Uncategorized

List of Memories

Learning and diving into the Bible this week has certainly bought back memories for me. I remember having Bible classes at my private Christian school, and when we looked through the Scripture of 1 Corinthians 13, a smile left my face. I remember having the memorize and write the entire chapter of that back in elementary school. I did enjoy reading my classmates experiences with religious class or attending religious schooling and the changes it had impacted on them. I personally do not mind covering the Bible since it’s part of the course, as it’ll only be for a short period of time. I’m looking forward to next week when we read into knights, dragons, and monsters again, YES!

Uncategorized

Having Hope

It seemed like yesterday we just started class, and now we come to the end of week 5. I really enjoyed how Dr. C went in depth with Christianity when we discussed Julian as I picked up such a passionate vibe from him. I’m a Christian myself, so it was easy to understand the lectures this past week!

Our first test was indeed unique compared to the normal way I would do tests. I think it was interesting being able to think outside the box and putting it together with connections. I have hope I did good on the test!