For the Love of Money

I am sure you know exactly how to say this saying. “Money, money, money, money, money!” “The love of money is the root of all evil”- 1 Timothy 6:10. We are living in a world where “cash rules everything around me”(C.R.E.A.M) is so relevant. People will literally do anything and everything to get money. I understand that some people are struggling but the evil things that are done to get money is unacceptable. For example, there have been many people killed because of money. This should never happen. The first thing we tend to do when we are mad is have a terrible temper and resort to a gun. Over money?! Unacceptable. You even have rich people doing evil things for more money. When I think of the love of money, I always think of a classic song called “For the Love of Money” by the O’Jays. It was written in the year of 1973 and it still relays a huge message that goes on within our society today. It talks about people will steal from their own mothers, kill their brothers just for a piece of green paper and how women will sell their precious bodies. Wow, money literally rules the world. I feel like we as a people hold money to a way higher standard than it should be. It is very sad but so true about how many people have lost their lives due to a situation with money. Now, let me make myself clear, I do not want anyone to think I am saying that money is bad because it is not. Money is a necessity in order to take of yourself and your family. Money only becomes bad when you have the wrong motives and evil intentions behind it. Money does not buy happiness. Now yes you can buy things that make you happy with money but it does not buy happiness because you can be happy without money. We must come to a point where we know what to do with our money and what not to do with it. You can do whatever you please with your money but, please use it wisely and think before you spend your money. If you are not wise with your money, you can get into debt, lose money, and struggle. In order to be wise with your money, you must save and begin to build and invest in your savings in order to get more money.

2 Replies to “For the Love of Money”

1. I do believe that money can bring out the worst in people, because sometimes when people start to get a lot of money their personality can start to change. When I say that I mean that individuals can start to become more selfish or they start to feel like they have all this power. It is really shocking how much money can change how a person acts. Like you stated in your blog money cannot buy a person happiness because there are many individuals who do not have a lot of money who are happier than those with millions of dollars.

2. I definitely agree that money makes the world go around. Personally, I have no desire to be rich or famous, I just want a job that provides me with enough money to be comfortable. I hope to just make enough to not have to worry about paying for necessities, because personally money or material goods don’t necessarily make me happy. Sure a new outfit will bring up your confidence for a few days or so, but I think the most important thing is family and the people I surround myself with.