Tyson

Last year around January, I begged my mom for a puppy but she kept telling me no. My mom knows I love animals and around that time I was helping my friend raise the puppies Her dog had. Instead of listening, I decided to buy one of my friends puppy with my own money and to show my mom I was responsible I bought the food, toys, bed, pee pads, and paid 50 dollars month for the doctors for his shots. My mom was nervous about another dog because of her husband and because we already had a dog but he’s kind of old. My other dogs names is pilot and he is really mean to new people but only really loves my mom so, the whole reason for me wanting a dog is because I wanted an animal that loved me more than my mom. 8 weeks later, it was time for me to take Tyson away from his mother and let him meet pilot because he doesn’t do well with other dogs. When they met he growled but was also wagging his tail at the same time. Sooner or later he warmed up to him and they were fine but my mom complained about how he used the bathroom in the house(my mom has never raised a dog from a puppy because she doesn’t like beating them or picking anything up). After I got him potty trained, he was the most loving, goofy and craziest dog I have ever met. Meanwhile, I started to think about how I’m about to go to college and he probably will end up loving my mom more. I took Tyson to the park almost everyday, he slept with me and I took him to track practice with me after school so, we did grow extremely close. Tyson knew when I was sad because he would lick my tears or he would jump on me while I was sleep to play and in my head I was thinking I can’t bring him with me. My mom would facetime me during my first semester because I was always wondering if he still recognized my voice. Sooner or later I came home and he came racing down the stairs smothering me with kisses and scratches but he didn’t change he knew I was still his owner and followed me around all over again( my mom is in loved with the dog as much as I am ). The moral of the story is he never forgot me and still loved me even though I can’t take him to the park or play with him like I use too.

One Reply to “Tyson”

1. Reading your post warmed my heart and am so happy I chose to read it. I love dogs and have always wanted a dog. From a young age, I knew I wanted a pet dog, however, my parents hate pets and think that they are messy and almost like another child that they don’t need. My whole life I have been begging them to get a dog and still they won’t let me get a dog. I even got a job and told my parents I will buy the dog and his food, toys, shots, etc., but they still didn’t let me get one. I finally realized that they would never let me get a dog, so I started going to my friends’ house to play with their dogs. All in all, I can’t have my own dog, but I can always see my friend’s dogs.