LOVE

Growing up you think love is suppose to be like tv and the fairy tales you were told as a child. Love is two people who would stay with each other through thick and thin, but my hopes were way to high. Gentlemen are suppose to pay and hold the door for you but our generation is not like my fairy tales. Love now a days is all surrounded by Instagram goals and not how you connect with your partner. People don’t even know how to ask people out on a proper date unless its over text messages. Maybe I’m old soul or am asking to much but most relationships are ruined by social media with he say she say stuff and what cameras capture but gets turned around. people believe that in order for a relationship to work you have to be shown off on Instagram , snapchat etc. No one sees the true meaning of love anymore, people throw around the L word like its nothing and also make different definitions for love . I feel like love stands for loyalty out values everything because that’s the main thing in a relationship is loyalty , honesty and trust. With out those things a relationship wouldn’t last very long. People commit to early to relationships and that’s why it doesn’t work. They will only talk for a few weeks, then will date without even getting to truly know the person. Boys will also just want one thing from a girl and that’s sex. They will also tell there friends anything personal that we tell them . They will tell you what you want to hear and fill your head with lies. They only want a girlfriend just so they can say they have a title and they will go for looks not personality wise. They will believe any bad thing they hear about a girl and girls do this as well. Girls and Boys cheat on each other nowadays and will still be in a relationship. They feel that if the partner does it once they wont do it again . that’s why girls and boys trust is messed up nowadays. they think they can hurt the partner and it will be okay, but really that’s how most teens become depressed. People are quick to up and leave instead of talking through there problems. Boys and girls will assume and believe others assumptions and that will mess it up. I feel like I should be in the 60s to find me a nice gentlemen, because I’m old school.

3 Replies to “LOVE”

1. I’m really glad you decided to write your blog about this! I see so many relationships now a-days only focused on sex or just for the title, and it’s honestly quite upsetting. One of the reasons i’ve been so hesitant to get into a relationship is because of that reason. A lot of people only want a relationship just for the idea of it and not because they truly love the other person. After being in a toxic relationship, it sets you up to believe that every relationship will be the same way, and it’s heartbreaking to know that we have to be afraid of getting our hearts broken.

2. I agree with you in some part. All I need to say is you don’t need to go back to the ’60s to find a nice gentleman. I believe that you don’t have to expect anything from others. Believe me, you can get really disappointed if you do. But do what you would like others to do if you want that significant other to be loyal, you do it first. If that person leaves, they are the ones losing, not you, just move on, and eventually, the right one comes. Give the people you think are weird a chance, sometimes they’re just shy to express themselves. And if you give your number/social media to someone and the first they say is “Hey,” you already know how things are going to end. So, avoid that.

3. I like some ideas you gave in this blog. To go along with what you said I also think that society and tv train different genders to look for different things in life. For males, they are supposed to aim to be rich and have a lot of money to provide for any girl that comes their way. Females are supposed to aim to find a husband and love. Think about Disney movies. The girls are usually trying to be perfect their whole life so that the right man can come and “save” them. As for men, they are usually worried about something else and the women just comes along and is an addition to their life while the man is the women’s life.