tumble

I started doing cheerleading around 5th or 6th grade for the James city Jaguars. The Jaguars are a recreational center team that was coached by Channing wade. In the beginning, I was shy to say the words but I could hit the motions. During practice, we would switch rows and I was in the front . Coach Channing stared at me confused and said “why aren’t you saying the words”. She made everyone do laps around the football field saying the words. Channing would ask us to push from our diagram when we pronounce the words. From that day on, I always spoke loudly during the chants. She started to test us in tumbling at the Wisc. I was fearless before cheerleading was introduced in my life I would climb trees. After watching if we all could do kart wheel or not, they demonstrate to do back handspring. I picked up very quickly and was just craving to learn more. Sooner or later I had tucks and layouts. It was the favorite thing I loved about the sport. One day, My dad came to my competition for the first time and I was nervous for him to watch me tumble. I was shaking the whole time and when it came time for me to tumble I landed flat in my face. After the performance, I cried and had rugburn on my face but I still try to attempt to flip constantly. I was scared to flip for a while but continue to do cheer through middle school and high school. During high school, my cheer coach was Channing as well so she pushed me to flip a lot. My junior I got over my fear and began to flip again. I felt like everything in my life was complete again and loved cheer as much as I did in the beginning. I lowkey hate coach Channing my whole high school year for always pushing me. Looking back now, I am thankful she pushed me because she knew I had it in me still. Now I just flip around at a party or in Monroe park because now I know I got it.

One Reply to “tumble”

1. Hey I thought your blog was very interesting. Do you still plan on tumbling in your future? like maybe getting a job with tumbling? or a volunteer job at a camp or something? I have had many friends who tumble and I think its really interesting. Thank you for your post i cant wait to see what else you have to say in the future!