I am very excited for this weekend, more often than others. Not just because I don’t have class or any schoolwork, but because I have a lot of things planned. My parents had bought Nationals baseball tickets for Saturday and they recently found out that they couldn’t make it, because my sister has a volleyball tournament in Pennsylvania. So, they gave the tickets to me. I didn’t want to just drive to D.C. for the day, so I decided to make a trip out of it. I decided to take my boyfriend to the game, and while we are in D.C. (since he has never been) we are going to the Cherry Blossom Festival, and plan on visiting a museum or two. We are also stopping at my hometown on the way back so I can show him around, he can meet my dog and family, and we can go to a few of my favorite places. I plan on going to get the best ice cream from a local place called Moo Thru and hopefully getting dinner too.

I am really looking forward to this because I feel like college can be so suffocating at times, especially as we are nearing finals time. If you don’t step back and take a breather sometimes, then you get too stressed out and overwhelmed. Personally, I have two tests coming up next week and I have spent a lot of time this week studying for them. I felt like going on a mini trip could be a bit of fun and be a sort of refresher before I have to get back into the hardest part of the semester. I think that doing things that make you happy or just get you away from the stress of things is very important, especially in college.