Let’s fast forward a few weeks. Not much had happen in the beginning of the semester other than some awkward exchanges. At this point I had given up trying to be friends or make conversation because it was clear she did not want to be more than roommates. This was okay with me, we have separate rooms and bathrooms, however we share the living room and kitchen and I just don’t like living in an uncomfortable situation.

It was a friday night and I actually planned on staying at the apartment all weekend rather than visiting my boyfriend or family. I was really sick and it was nearing christmas so I wanted to decorate. Granted, I should have asked my roommate if she was okay with me decorating the living room but I didn’t. I went out and bought a little christmas tree and some lights, little signs, candles, and hung snowflake garland. I will admit I went a bit overboard but I love the holidays and just didn’t think about it. I had stayed up pretty late doing that and then I went to sleep because my medicine made me really drowsy. I woke up around 3 in the morning because there was music blasting in the living room and someone was knocking on my door. I was SO confused because my roommate always went out of town over the weekend, at least that’s what I thought. Whoever was on the other side of the door was trying to get in and kept shaking the handle. I am gonna be honest I was kind of scared and I am not the best with confrontation so I didn’t answer the door. A few minutes later I got up and went to the bathroom, and I could briefly hear their conversation in between songs. It was my roommate, and she was expressing her hate for me and said she could not stand me.