Nuggeting Sources

The article mentions and asks the readers about how much time children spend on TVs. Its a really good question to start off my topic about TV ads promoting obesity. The article also mentions about “Media such as television is the most important and under-appreciated influence on children’s development and behavior,” and emphasizes that we should maximize good effects we get from the media and minimize the bad effects we get from the media. Studies showed that children who spend more time in front of the tube are more likely to eat higher-calorie foods, drink sugared sodas and grow up to be overweight adults. This source indicates what I mainly want to emphasize throughout my inquiry project. However, I will be conducting more thorough researches on case studies.

One thought on “Nuggeting Sources

1. I think this is a very interesting source, but I wonder if it’s going to be hard to connect the eating of unhealthy food and grow up as an overweight adult if they watch television more regularly than others. I’m interested to see what types of scholarly articles you find to help answer your question!