Kaila Dietrich

Hi all!

My name is Kaila Dietrich and I am currently a senior in the new Elementary Education (BSED) program. Last fall, I transferred over from John Tyler Community College with my associates degree in pre-nursing. When I was a senior in high school, I wanted to go off to college to become a teacher but was discouraged by many, hence why I chose the nursing route. After two years of nursing classes, CNA school, and working as a patient care technician at St Mary’s hospital, I began to realize that pursing my career in elementary education was where my heart was truly at. I loved/love learning about all things medical, but working with kids in an educational setting has always been my dream and I am so excited that I am finally pursuing it. Outside of school, I am also a substitute for Chesterfield County Public Schools, as well as a teacher’s assistant at a local daycare. I have been in the Richmond area for my entire life and though I have always dreamed of teaching at my old elementary school, I would not mind moving somewhere new once I finish school. I am very excited to take this class and hope that I can obtain a ton of resources to use with my future classes.

2 thoughts on “Kaila Dietrich

1. Hi Kaila! I see that you started with nursing school. I actually started a different route too. I graduated from GMU with a BS in Criminology. It’s something I’ve always been interested it. Once I moved from northern VA I started working at a Montessori school and knew that I wanted to go back to school to become a teacher, so here I am! Good luck to you.