This is a post with pictures I took today.

It’s Thurday and it’s Thanksgiving.

I went out today. I knew that there was going to be empty streets around where I live. I woke up at 2 pm. Kind of late. I cried myself to sleep last night to Little Dragon and Of Monsters and Men, and that song by Major Lazer, “Be Together“, oh my god, that song is so sad yet so good. I loved it. I heard it for the first time last night (I know kind of late too) and I put it on repeat until I fell asleep somewhere around 5:30 am. I wanted to read the books I checked out of the library for the final project but I just could not.

So, I went out today. And this is what I have to offer to you.

housesclosetopollack

dormsst

bikeshop

halloweenhouse
richmondlaurelstrichmondfromthebridge1 richmondlaurelsthouses

camelwall

Empty streets. Only me. It was like walking somewhere in my dreams. Like a memory. If you ever had one of those dreams, when you dream about a place you know, and you are just there alone walking through your memories. It felt something like that. Sort of surrealistic.

I missed my mom so much. I really wished she was here. I wished I could show her the river and walk on the streets and talk. I don’t mind being alone. I just wonder if it’s my fault. Is it my fault that I don’t have a place to celebrate Thanksgiving? I wonder if that is weird. I wonder what she would say about it, she would like it for me to have dinner in a warm place sharing with others. Instead, the best I could do was to go out and take pictures because being alone in my apartment is depressing af. 

downroadtraintracks

One comment on “Happy Thanksgiving!