EXPERIMENTAL EATING

I enjoyed reading this because it made me think of food fromĀ an entirely new perspective. I never thought of it as an art form (until recently in this class) in such depth. These artists take so many aspects into account: the guest list, the conversation, air quality, environment, the arrangement, and so much more. The idea is to “decrease the distance between art and life.” Something that really interested/freaked me out was when it talked about how “we tend not to identify by name the bacteria or yeasts that make the food desirable.” Food is alive..things live/have lived in it. It’s always been a known fact but everyone seems to forget. Blech. Also- when they talk about how food can taste differently depending on the air quality/amount of smog! That’s awful to think about because you’re tasting the dirty air. I liked the idea of the conceptual and functioning restaurant because it allows art and artists to use society (commerce) to their advantage and expose their art forms.

TO LIFE!

This is a smart art form that I have not really been introduced to until reading this. “Eco Art is a mission not a style.” Using something such as a talent that can be aesthetically pleasing and beautiful to solve world/environmental problems and crises is pretty amazing. Artists have so much creativity and ingenuity inside their brains. Why not use them to change the world?