Kathryn Hopping

My name is Kathryn Hopping. I am a senior at VCU in the LSEE program. I have lived in the Richmond area my entire life and was very excited to be able to stay here and attend school. I grew up with two older brothers, Nick and Nathan (pictured). I am currently a nanny for two students in elementary school, 2nd, and 3rd grade. I have been a nanny for the past four years and absolutely love it. This past year has presented a fair number of challenges, but I still enjoy it just as much. I have been able to work with the kids through their experience with online school and it has been incredibly eye-opening for me. In my free time I enjoy reading, adult coloring books, doing crafts, watching documentaries, training my dog, and occasionally my cat. I am very excited to begin the MT program at VCU and learning more about becoming an educator.

6 comments

1. Hi Kathryn! I also grew up with two older brothers and I was a nanny for two summers. It was my favorite job! I worked at a daycare for a little over a year and just recently left but I was leading the virtual K-1 room when I left and it was very eye opening. Keeping young ones focused on a computer is not an easy task! Coloring and reading is my go to whenever I need to unwind and relax.