For my final project, I have 3 completed lesson plans, the fourth partially completed, and a good outline for the final 2 lessons. I have learned so much in the development of this project-that I can actually use Schoology, that I can create lessons and add technology elements, my roles as an instructor, and that my students are NOT as proactive and engaged as I want them to be. Having the chance to implement the first few lessons has already given me several things I want to change next time. I will definitely present the lessons closer together and I need to link it to a class assignment of some sort (even if it’s extra credit) to get more involvement and accountability from students.
I am still interested in hearing from others what study strategies they would like to see their students get a better handle on? I would also welcome ideas on incorporating the accountability aspect and if anyone has any lessons in their classes that they could see this module working in combination with. For the timing of the module, I would like to present it between the first and second interims next year-any thoughts on this time frame? Or a better one for students? I would like to offer a second seminar in the spring, maybe at the start of second semester, but with the intense scheduling responsibilities, I am not seeing the available time to fit that in.
As far as evaluating my module, I would like it to be evaluating based on the learning outcomes I put together in my outline. I think that I have designed a course that meets these goals, but any feedback would be welcome. I would also love any critique on the design, additional elements I can incorporate, ways to improve the discussion board element-any and all feedback! The creation of this module was definitely an experience outside of my comfort zone, but I want to keep using it and welcome any input to improve it. Thanks!