Final Project Link

Yay!! http://mckennawhitmore.weebly.com/

Read more

Link to extremely rough version of project

So, below is a link to my Weebly site. Yes, I changed my domain to Weebly. I found it much easier to navigate for someone who isn’t very good at technology. Keep in mind that this is a really really really rough version of my project. I basically just wanted somewhere to start. Project so far

Read more

(Super) Rough, Rough Draft/Sketch

Perceptions of law enforcement and police officers have changed monumentally over the decades. In recent years, there has been a exponential increase in cases of police brutality and the use of excessive force. In particular, the deaths of teens Michael Brown and Eric Garner have sparked national debate. Many people are calling for the installation and […]

Read more

Inquiry Project Sketch

Understood about topic: Are a newer form of technology Used to show a certain degree of transparency in law enforcement among officers and citizens People often see them as being an invasion of privacy Problems with topic and people’s perceptions: Pros outweigh the cons Police abuse authority Too much discretion Police brutality Claim: Body-Worn cameras […]

Read more

Inquiry Project Platform

After playing with the different sites that I could use for my project, I decided to use Wix. I chose Wix for a few reasons. Wix has tons of really cool layouts that I can use for my project. I like these layouts more than those offered on Weebly because they are more visually appealing […]

Read more

Disagreeing Posts

I went really far back on the Clubhouse blogs and found two different nuggets from the same source. The nuggets disagree with each other in the slightest way. They can be found here and here. The first nugget is talked about by the blogger as being extremely important. It’s said to be important because it talks about how […]

Read more

You Make The Call Connections

These are the two projects that I have decided to compare to mine. One & Two They both relate to mine in a way that isn’t so direct. I had a lot of trouble finding projects that I could relate directly to my primary text. These two are the most substantial ones that I found. They connect […]

Read more

Concept Experience: Step Three

The dispute that I explained in my previous posts is one that is of great importance. Although it isn’t an easy dispute to solve, the pros of the cameras greatly outweigh the cons. Also, the cons that these cameras have can be fixed and altered. The cameras are much more beneficial than they are a […]

Read more

Concept Experience: Step Two

I chose two sources for this step to compare. They both have several similarities.This source is one that I have used before, and basically focuses on the benefits of body cameras. My new source that I am going to use can be found here. This source is an article that portrays the two main downfalls that these cameras […]

Read more

Concept Experience: Step One

I brainstormed and searched Wikipedia 3 topics that are related to my project. I chose: Body Cameras Police Brutality Surveillance There is a lot of information given for all of the above topics. Body cameras are a big topic of discussion right now. There are both positive and negative views on these. Lots of people […]

Read more