Texting My Dream

Navdy is a heads-up display device for use while operating your automotive vehicle. It was designed by optical engineers, who were seeking to create the most natural driving experience possible. It includes a wide range of core features, including turn-by-turn navigation and car diagnostics as well as presentation for playing music, texting, initiating and accepting calls, etc. The potential for easy and efficient access to mobile apps and communicative means is made possible without drawing one’s attention from the road ahead. The combination of touchless gesture controls and voice recognition creates a truly extraordinary experience like no other.

In today’s society, it is often tempting and inevitable for allowing yourself to become distracted while driving. Focus can be shifted to texting and phone calls without much thought as to the resulting consequences. Navdy is now available for providing a collaboration of these efforts in order to provide the safest and most efficient driving experience.

Through this inquiry project, I hope to obtain an extensive understanding and share knowledge about this web-object. The virtual world that has developed throughout recent decades is being further extended with this digital device. I have no personal experience with Navdy. However, from a first glance at it’s website, I will be considering whether or not to purchase this item for myself. Having said that, I do hope to determine the various pros and cons presented. Therefore, this web-object brings much excitement and eagerness for the coming weeks.

7 thoughts on “Texting My Dream”

1. I didn’t even know about this device until reading your blog post. From the pictures you included, the set up and appearance of navdy seems a lot like the virtual glasses to me.

2. I didn’t know about this type of technology and it doesn’t make sense to me that they would develop this, which could be considered another distraction, when they are developing cars that can drive themselves.

1. Interesting connection. I wonder why people may be more susceptible to using this technology but may balk at the idea of driverless vehicles. Where is the line for automation drawn?

3. Wow! I didn’t know about Navdy before reading your post! It seems like a great new piece of technology. I’m very curious to read about its pros and cons in your project. I feel like there are many pros, but I also feel like there are many cons. Wouldn’t someone still get distracted by a hologram on their windshield? One would still have to avert their eyes from driving and shift their focus to whatever they’re trying to do on Navdy, right? I’m excited to read and learn more about Navdy through your project!

4. Great text! Very interesting. With the “pros and cons,” what are you particularly interested in studying? Rather than thinking about it in binary terms, what do you think is specifically fascinating and worthwhile to consider? For instance, the notion of distraction Mirna brings up seems like one good place to start to dig deeper with a conceptual problem. Just something to think about as we continue. I’m excited to see what you give focus!