If you are completing the final degree requirements this semester (Spring 2016) and do not need any additional courses after this semester, you will be graduating in May and must apply to graduate this semester (the e-services graduation checkout will be available on the first day of classes: 1/19/16). You do not need to “request to walk” at the ceremony if you are actually graduating in the Spring because your graduation application is how we will account for you. Follow the instructions below:
- Review DegreeWorks online via eServices. Double check to ensure that your major is correct and that your minor (if applicable) is listed. If it is not, complete a Change of Major/Minor/Concentration form, sign it, and submit it to the appropriate office. All of this information will need to be correct prior to your application being reviewed by the department for approval.
- If there are any issues with your DegreeWorks please contact your advisor in the Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences if you are unsure of how to fix the problem
- Be sure your language requirement is fulfilled.
- This requirement must be fulfilled prior to your electronic application being reviewed for approval by the department.
- If everything in ‘DegreeWorks’ is accurate and complete then you will need to complete the “Intent to Graduate” Survey through e-Services. Please see the attached file that will walk you step-by-step through the electronic graduation check out process. Please ensure you complete this process by Friday, January 29, 2016.
Please note that initiating the e-Services graduation checkout will prohibit future registration. If you are still making changes to your schedule, do not check out yet. If you initiate the e-Services graduation checkout procedure by mistake (i.e. by clicking on the Survey Complete button) or too early in your academic career, please contact the Graduation Office (828-1917) immediately, so that the action can be rescinded and the registration restriction removed. If “Spring 2016” is not an option you should contact the Graduation Office to have your survey reset.
The VCU Commencement website will provide all information about the diploma ceremonies (dates, times, cap & gown, etc.) and should be updated in the coming weeks. Please keep this email as resource to access that website as most of your questions can be answered there.