A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Taken from: http://data.tumblr.com/14714506_400.jpg

This week I have learned the importance of visual thinking. I am a visual thinker by nature but I was able to expand on my thinking process by applying multiple and different thinking concepts. By mapping and my thinking process for my final project, I was able to categorize and organize my thinking in a way that helped me see my project from a different perspective, other than just a set of questions.

The metaphorical thinking process was my favorite exercise this week though. I often doodle in my notes to help me grasp concepts in school so this process of thinking was very natural for me, and even a bit of fun. I like the freedom of this type of thinking, the possibilities to arrive at any destination of conclusions. More and more I have realized what a visual thinker I am, in the future I need to work on being a better conceptual thinker.

1 thought on “A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

1. I would have to agree with you, the doodle exercise was awesome because just like you, I am also constantly doodling. I think it was a good way to express ourselves but at the same time critically thinking about a specific topic.