Digital Feminists On Rape Culture: A Content Analysis

The authors of Speaking ‘Unspeakable Things’: Documenting Digital Feminist Responses to Rape Culture are essentially trying to gather up how the digital sphere and apps such as Twitter, specifically, has allowed young women, teenage feminists to unite online against rape culture which includes harassments and misogyny. After looking at the content from website Hollaback!, an […]

Read more

Ethics…Ethics…and oh wait…MORE Ethics!

To me, it seems that ethical digital research is quite challenging to achieve. It’s difficult to implement and execute due to the fact regulation heavily differs from in-person experiments. How can you show something is completely unethical through online experimentation, how do you deem what’s completely unethical and what is through digital means? At one […]

Read more

Although I was aware Digital Sociology was fairly new, based mostly on the fact whenever I tell people I’m getting my M.A. in Digital Sociology, no one ever knows what it is and always ask me to elaborate (which I’m always happy to do). But there was something quite refreshing to read from accredited scholars […]

Read more

Hey…better late than never!

Hey guys! My name is Alanis Irigoyen and my preferred pronouns are she/her. I am a first year grad student in the Sociology Program concentrating on Digital Sociology. I am currently residing in Richmond, Va but I’m from Norfolk, Va..not too far off. I actually did my undergrad at VCU and got my B.S. in […]

Read more