Interpreting My Dream

So, like I said in my “Texting my dream” post, for my inquiry project I have chosen to focus on the economic perspective of the people who have popular channels on Youtube, formally known as, YouTube personalities. I have chosen to focus more on the YouTuber, Grace Helbig, because she has accomplished many things in her time(about 5 years)on the internet. Not to mention, she briefly had a television show on the E! Network, along with her popular channel on YouTube. She does more than just make videos on YouTube, she is also a New York Times best seller for her book, Grace’s Guide: The Art Of Pretending to Be a Grown-up, and also has her own podcast,¬†Not Too Deep with Grace Helbig, which features stars of YouTube as well as television.

Just this year, I discovered the YouTube vlogging/ Youtuber world that essentially makes YouTube what it is today. Before, I had somewhat of an idea of people posting their lives on YouTube for everyone to see, but I thought it was necessary and uninteresting. I would check out a few people’s videos every once in a while because I thought they were funny, such as Jenna Marbles. However, I have since realized that these popular YouTube personalities are actually planning to take over the world very talented in what they do, and are getting paid about¬†1 million dollars a year. There are too many famous YouTube personalities to count, but some of my favorites are; Tyler Oakley, Miranda Sings, Hannah Hart, and Mamrie Hart. I want to explore how the income and fame of these YouTube personalities compare to that of actors on popular television shows.

team internet

Emily

One thought on “Interpreting My Dream

1. Interesting to me because I watch many youtube videos myself, specifically vloggers/beauty tutorials. So many of these people have become so famous all through creating these videos. If say all technology crashed one day youtube ceased to exist, or video was no longer accessible, these people would have no way of really doing what they’re doing.