Futuring My Dream

I have chosen to focus on YouTube and how the salary of the famous YouTube personalities compare to the salaries of television stars. Looking into the future, 10 years from now, I see YouTube becoming more advanced and more popular than cable television.

In 10 years, cable tv will be a thing of the past. All of the entertainment will be provided online through either YouTube(which I believe will take over the entire world at some point) or online streaming of movies and reoccurring shows. Today, online streaming is already becoming more and more popular. For example, I received an email last week that said anyone who is connected to the VCU wifi can sign into this website(using your VCU ID) and stream live television, as well as record your favorite shows, so you can watch them later. This is just one of many ways that live television can be streamed to your laptop or tablet. Not to mention, there are numerous popular original shows from both Netflix and Hulu, which are both online streaming websites with popular tv shows and movies. With all of these new and increasingly more popular websites for online streaming, the entire population will be watching their favorite shows and movies online, while cable TV will cease to exist.

EDIT:

This post relates very closely with what I want to explore for my inquiry project. I want to explore the difference or similarity in the salary of a famous YouTube personality and a famous television star. I believe that by exploring this aspect of YouTube will wither confirm or deny my theory that YouTube personalities are just as high ranking as famous television stars, which means YouTube is just as popular, if not more popular, than cable television.

I would present my inquiry project question as, “How does the salary of famous YouTube personalities compare to those of famous TV stars, and how does this relate to the popularity of either space?”

Emily

2 thoughts on “Futuring My Dream

1. I completely agree with your prediction. Youtube and other online services will own most of the entertainment industry in the next ten years. Netflix streaming has only been around for a little more than 5 years and it is already extremely popular due to its convenience and low price.