They Say/ I Say

One of my previous nuggets that I have chosen from a reading that really relates to me as a writer, as well as my inquiry project, is, “Science has provided the swiftest communication between individuals; it has provided a record of ideas and has enabled man to manipulate and to make extracts from that record so that knowledge evolves and endures throughout the life of a race rather than that of an individual.” This nugget was from, “As We May Think,” by Vannevar Bush.

This excerpt relates to me as a writer and thinker because I view technology as something that has made communication, as well as other actions, faster and more efficient. Just like the quote, I also believe that technology discoveries have enabled us to improve upon them in order to make them better and more public. That leads me to the relation to my inquiry project, YouTube was created 10 years ago, and today it is one of the most visited websites around the world. This web space has been improved and advanced each year to allow for endless possibilities for those using it, as well as viewing it.

Emily