Makes 7-10

I was on the recycling bin idea team. I originally met with Aster, Elizabeth, and Elle to help try to come up with ideas for the recycling bins in class the first day that the idea was introduced. Then, on the day that we had off from class, Elizabeth, Aster, Aster’s sister, and I met and finalized the ideas for designing the bins to be used for food drives. Here are some pictures of what we came up with: Screen shot 2014-12-07 at 1.17.38 PM

Screen shot 2014-12-07 at 1.17.25 PM

The ideas of the cute cartoon-like veggies and fruits was to make it easy for others, like Elizabeth and I, to paint after the more creative people outlined the pictures in chalk.

Unfortunately, this whole idea that we all had worked on for days fell through. During our second meeting, we came up with a supply list and sent it to Terrance as well as Mrs. Boaz.

Screen shot 2014-12-07 at 1.18.02 PM

However, we were unaware of a budget for supplies. Aster spoke over the phone several times with Terrance to try to find cheaper alternatives for the supplies. In the end though, the entire idea has been put on the back burner to be done next semester.

Screen shot 2014-12-07 at 1.18.11 PM

It is frustrating to say the least to put your effort and time into an idea and then have it, basically canceled. I understand with service learning and working with non profits, this is a normal occurrence is was the main “make” that I had been working on and it will all for nothing 🙁