ScreenCast

Egovernment

I enjoyed Molly’s introductory video. I appreciated the blend of pictures, graphics and video used to deliver the message. I also appreciated the practical recommendations. I used Snagit to develop a screencast. Snagit was very easy to install and to use. It will be a valuable tool as I develop my online e-government course.  I did not develop a script. I wanted the video to feel personal and warm.  However, without a script I was never completely satisfied with the final product. I shot the video several times.  Each time there were things that I liked (or didn’t like) about my message.  This assignment was beneficial. It is very likely that I will use Snagit to develop material for my course next semester. Perhaps I’ll use a script next time 🙂 The timeline was also easy to create, but it was a bit more tedious. It would be a great assignment for a GA.

Here are the links to my Timeline  on the Evolution of Open Government and my  screencast titled Building Open Government.

3 thoughts on “ScreenCast

1. I’ve struggled with the script/no script thing before. My middle ground is usually to create a decent outline (which I don’t read from) and back it up with the visuals I want. The visuals are usually enough to prompt me so that I usually end up with a nice mix of structure (and only one or two do-overs) and conversational tone.

I liked the Timeline as well. There’s something satisfying about creating open content with open tools about e-government. I’m pretty fascinated by the mix of accessible government data, tools to analyze it, and the challenge of creating a populace with the sophisticated blend of literacies needed to navigate that. If you ever want to go further down that road, let me know. 🙂