Personal Dynamic Media

“Music is controlled in a completely analogous manner. The
Dynabook can act as a “super synthesizer” getting direction
either from a keyboard or from a “score.” The keystrokes can
be captured, edited, and played back. Timbres, the “fonts” of
musical expression, contain the quality and mood which
different instruments bring to an orchestration. They may be
captured, edited, and used dynamically. ” – Kay and Goldberg

This nugget was significant to my inquiry project because it discussed music.  Music and Hip-Hop is generally what my inquiry project is about. Kay and Goldberg state that, “The
either from a keyboard or from a “score.” To me the Dynabook symbolizes social media (Complex, radio, etc.) and it is getting direction from a keyboard(the artist) or from a score(the audience). Without the artist or audience social media really isn’t anything. They are key sources in keeping social media alive. But once social media (Complex, radio, etc.) has its artist and audience, they can use their blogs (fonts) to create and contain a certain mood within their audience, which is typically their ultimate goal.

——————————EDIT.———————————

I chose this nugget because it was significant to my inquiry project. This nugget discussed music and a music synthesizer called Dynabook.  Music and Hip-Hop is generally what my inquiry project is about. Kay and Goldberg state that, “The Dynabook can act as a “super synthesizer” getting direction either from a keyboard or from a “score.” The Dynabook symbolizes social media (Complex, radio, etc.) which is getting “direction” from a keyboard(the artist) or from a score(the audience). Without the artist or audience social media really isn’t anything. They are key sources in keeping social media alive. But once social media (Complex, radio, etc.) has its artist and audience, they can use their blogs (fonts) to create and contain a certain mood within their audience, which is typically their ultimate goal.

morganneperez post was about how Pandora’s technology is completely dependent on human efforts. Although Pandora doesn’t respond immediately to a skip or pause, it eventually does. Pandora is a perfect example of something that has developed through technology advancement, which is exactly what Kay and Goldberg predicted would happen.  So her connection to the nugget and Pandora was well written and interesting! It gave my a different point of view.

Cabouniv200 post talked about how Facebook was first created as a network for college students to use for a means of communication, but after going viral and more adaptation, people of all ages started to use it to communicate to one another. It is interesting how something can be targeted and geared towards a specific audience but then go viral. Creating the right technology can be a complete game changer.

Sara Majeed brought up a very good point in her nugget post, She stated that if computers have the ability to distort our brains chemistry then it should have the ability to use apps and games to reverse those effects. I agree with her on this statement because I feel like if technology is so advanced that it can change something, it is advanced enough to change it back. That was a very interesting point that I didn’t think about while reading.

2 thoughts on “Personal Dynamic Media”