ICE Reflection

Part 1: What were the primary things that you discovered during the virtual simulated activities? What were your identified strengths and weaknesses? In the virtual simulated activities, I discovered that there are many more tests and measures that can be used in acute care than I anticipated. It was interesting to go through all of… Continue reading ICE Reflection

Virtual Gallery: Physical Pain

The untitled poem describing pain by Emily Dickinson has largely been used to interpret the feeling of emotional pain, and the numbness that goes along with it; however, I think it also provides some insight to the feeling of physical pain and how it affects the sufferer. When Dickinson describes “the nerves sit ceremonious like… Continue reading Virtual Gallery: Physical Pain

About Me

Hello, my name is Yaquelin Lopez but I prefer to be called Jackie. I was born in Guatemala, a country located in Central America, but I have lived in Virginia since I was eight years old. In 2021, I graduated from Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, VA with a B.S. in Biology. Currently, I am a… Continue reading About Me