Texting My Dream

In previous posts, no one has been able to really decipher what my inquiry project is or apparently what I am even saying so here’s the gist:

-Mechanical aids are useful for both mental and physical tasks
-Could they be hindering our mental capabilities?
-If so, can some mechanical aids turn around and actually help deteriorating brain function?

Which then brings me to a great Brain Training program on the web called Luminosity. If after this post you are still confused about what I am writing or my inquiry project, please feel free to use this program.

Luminosity is a web site specifically designed with one thing in mind – your mind. It builds a personalized brain training program fit for each person. Luminosity tests memory, attention, speed, flexibility, and problem solving through games geared towards sharpening those parts of the mind. It engages the mind while reinforcing weakened bridges. Luminosity digs deeper by giving specific options the user may choose within the categories. For example, the memory category has four in depth “workouts” which the user may or may not choose to put into their program.
Now take a step back and look at the bigger picture. The internet, used through various mechanical aids, could be argued that it is making us stupid (Google). This program provided through the same pathway is here to help mental function.
I want to use this as my primary text because it is completely hands on and interactive and I can share my own progress through research of my own mind. It’s not stagnant and mind numbing research, it’s something I can branch out from and break numbers out of and create statistics from. It’s very interesting to see the role technology has on our “modern” brain function in present day.
I think others need to see that mechanical aids do indeed have an effect on brain function every single day and my conceptualization of it is possibly a new age, first world problem that may need to be fixed – seemingly with the same mechanical aids and technology.

One thought on “Texting My Dream”

1. Interesting suggestion — to respond to the harmful rewiring of our brains due to technology, we should employ a re-rewiring app (which is also technology). Doesn’t that suggest that the problem isn’t technology, but specific uses of technology?