Diigo Connections

The main focus of the pages I bookmarked from other people on Diigo were all geared toward technology and what usage of it had negative effects on the brain. For example, technology effecting mental health, social media and its adverse effects, addiction and depression due to technology and/or your Facebook, etc. The main connection between my nugget and these thoughts is that technology does have some sort of psychological effect on each and every individual who uses it. In this day and age, it’s pretty much impossible not to use it.

Elisey, from section 008, uses their nugget to expand on man and computer working side by side in order to produce the best outcome for a situation. This relates back to one of my nuggets where I mentioned that man-machine should not happen in the future, for the sake of humanity. I think Elisey’s idea would be the best, we can continue to advance our technology to aid us side by side, without letting it become or overtake us.
Abdul, from section 006, elaborates on how computing itself has augmented intelligence. I agree with Abdul on some levels, but relating back to my nugget, technology has also obviously taken a toll on cognitive function. Can you do fractional math without a calculator? If we weren’t to rely so much on disruptive technology, we may have even higher intellect.
Justin, from section 008, brings up my very first nugget – mechanical aids. He mentions physical mechanical aids to begin with, such as tools. He then mentions mental mechanical aids, which he believes are so in abundance as are physical mechanical aids. The most prominent mental aid mentioned was the computer, an example I brought up in my own nugget as well. I also believe that the computer and technological advances in general have effected our intellect greatly, whether for better or worse.

I think we can use Diigo to make sense of a huge amount of data to stripping multiple topics down to their basics. Tags work best to accomplish this. Using my bookmarks for example, I could use the tags technology, brain, psychological function, and computers to put together the many inquiry ideas from other authors that may be on the same wavelength as mine.

2 thoughts on “Diigo Connections”