Future Thoughts

What couldn’t brain games turn into 10 years from now? We already have the Wii and Xbox Kinect that allow our body movements to be transferred on screen and processed into the video game wirelessly. Why not take our brain games and put them on a larger scale such as these inner and outer body engaging consoles?

To be honest, I think of it as a wireless console that can train you to control it with your mind but I don’t think any game could ever do that, not to mention we won’t evolve with telekinesis for quite some time. At a more realistic level, I believe the interface will become all encompassing. There will be programs built for all regions of the brain and your mind can get a serious workout. I also think we would take it to the bigger screens, going from our computers to video game style where the mind and body can be engaged simultaneously using our ever advancing technology.

Not only would there be a crossover between technology, I think in 10 years we can vamp up our computer and phone based brain games in order to curb brain deterioration or at least keep it engaged at a level where it must work to think critically while you surf social media that can alter brain chemistry. What I mean is that for specific functions on the computer, you must be able to pass a question or a mini-game geared towards optimal performance of the brain region that a social media site may target negatively. Same for our smartphones, you can’t unlock the screen or post that selfie on Instagram until your prefrontal cortex is warmed up. Therefore, we will have brain games completely ingrained and intertwined with our technology and our lives. What better way to stay hip, cool, and sharp?

I don’t believe integration of brain games would have limitations as much as it would receive backlash. I don’t think many people would like the idea of having to do more work to open an app or check their Facebook just because they’re lazy or they don’t care for it. I think a lot of government NSA brainwash type conspiracies would pop up and people may boycott certain appliances, although that may be much, much harder to do in 10 years, seeing as how our lives already evolve around technology. I think the integration would be a great idea. I think that we could get a LOT more information on brain function through these games and you can only improve the games based on feedback and the research that can be gathered through the use of the games.

The complexity of the human mind is so intense and uninterpreted, obtaining data from every computer or smartphone holder would be another step forward for our researchers and possibly enhancing our brains with more effective methods 10 years after that.

EDIT: I wish to explore brain games as a component of the healthy lifestyle of the future because of the fact that all this new technology is making us lazier, both physically and mentally. Physically, we have so much new technology that help our bodies stay fit, such as the Wii Fit or Dance Dance Revolution. I want to focus on the same type of technology for our brains, seeing as how much the public loves these fitness games. Also, I believe that keeping the brain active and healthy is just as important as keeping the body active and healthy. I do believe the brain, its vastness, its insane abilities, is overlooked greatly by our populous. We could conquer so much more if we could fully understand and interpret the brain and utilize every bit of it. I think the best way to start is through these games. Remember, the brain learns through baby steps.

2 thoughts on “Future Thoughts”