Here are the final due dates for our course:
1) Unit 3 Final Essay due Sunday night at 11:59 PM.
Add it as a PAGE under your Unit 3 dropdown menu.
Copy and Paste it in.
Include a word document […]
1) Here are some sample U3 Ethical Reasoning Essays from last year (2015). They are also listed under Unit 3 above. You may find them helpful as you work on your own essays.
2) If you are planning to revise […]
1) Work on revising your U3 Draft. Building on what we did in class today (Wednesday), work especially on your claim and reasons. You may find this Google Slideshow helpful (it provides the workshops we did today; […]
We covered a lot last Friday:
1) UNIV 200 section assignments:
10AM: Sarah, Paige, Dani
11AM: Ally, Danielle, Katrina
1PM: William, Jeannie
2) UTA Staff Meeting Time next semester: Wednesdays […]
The UTAs have watched your U2 Video Drafts and provided some brief comments. Take a look below:
1) Complete Draft of your U3 Essay Due. Use the essay structure we worked on in class today.
2) Add it as a PAGE under Unit 3. Copy and paste it in AND include a word document attachment. (No need for a hard […]
1) Work on your complete written draft (which is due Wednesday 12.7.16).
1) Complete your Video Draft for your Unit 3 Ethical Reasoning Essay. Remember to consult the assignment (under the Unit 3 drop down).
2) Bring your laptop and earbuds to class. You will be sharing your videos […]
Download this article on the Virginia Governor’s Mansion. We’ll read it in class!
1) Continue your research. We’ll have Research Check-in #2 on Wednesday.
2) For Check-in #2: add a POST to your site with the following (Call the POST “Research Check-In #2”):
Updated version of your […]
1) Have a nice break!
2) Continue doing research (using Double-Entry Notes).
3) Start completing the to do list you wrote at the end of class today (M 11.21.16).
Research Check in #2 is on […]
cnjackson wrote a new post, Things we need to think about before the end of the semester!, on the site Our UTA Site (2016-2017) 1 month, 3 weeks ago
UTA semester reflection (and its due date).
What sections of UNIV 200 will you take (choices are: 10, 11, 1).
Staff meeting time for the spring semester.
Debrief your lesson from Monday 11.21.16. […]
This meeting was focused on planning your lesson for the Research Check in on Monday 11.21.16. You generated a number of ideas (listed below). Below these, I have indicated my sense of what will work best of the […]
1) Do research! Take notes. Use the Double-Entry Notes system we discussed in class today [F 11.18.16]. You can find the template and example under Unit 3 above. You will also see the prompts for the right-hand […]
Research Notes Templates:
Double-Entry Notes Template
Double-Entry Notes Example
Texts to Read (for a Unit 3 project concerned with the ethics of the student protests after the election): […]
1) Go back to our class discussion from today (W 11.16.16). We discussed: What research Wallace did to in order to engage with his ethical situation? What did he research in order to prepare to write his […]
1) You can think of “Consider the Lobster” as Wallace’s extended version of the Unit 3 Researched Ethical Reasoning Essay. Review “Consider the Lobster” with these questions in mind. What research did Wallace do i […]
Good meeting. Please, also, see Katrina’s post on your initial brainstorm for your lesson on Monday 11.21.16.
UTA-Led Class for M 11.21.16 (the last class before Thanksgiving Break):
Your Task: Design a […]
1) Complete the following by class time:
Pick the hidden, underexplored ethical situation you want to write about. (Remember, it should be a real one that you have encountered in your explorations of VCU […]
- Load More