[Sunday Update (4.23.17): Not sure what happened–but this did not go through originally–sorry for the delay.]
1) Complete your draft (except your conclusion).
2) Reread the Cut-and-Paste Revision Activity, […]
1) Complete Progress Report #3.
2) Read the directions for the whole Cut-and-Paste Revision Activity. For Friday, complete steps 1-3. (Note: the directions say to print out 2 copies of your project draft: j […]
Mostly we discussed your ideas for the final reflective assignment for the students. We agreed that I will consolidate and decide which ones to use. Katrina asked, though, if I could present the final assignment […]
Can you include photos in your multimodal aspect that aren’t in the written draft?
What do you mean by there will be a gallery of the final multimodality project?
Does the conclusions of our project […]
1) Read your partner’s draft (problem statement and all sections) in the google doc she/he/they shared with you.
2) As you read, every time you feel confused, uncertain, or lost, leave a comment (use the […]
The main thing is to complete the next sections of your project (1000-1500 words). Here is the official assignment for Monday: be sure to read it! By Monday, you will effectively have completed about 2/3 to 3/4 […]
All of you should have shared your google doc from class today with your partner (and with me and your UTAs). Your google doc should include these parts from class:
Your writing on the s […]
How can we include more sources without limited commentary?
Should there be modes throughout?
How do I know if my visuals are enhancing my argument? (UTA)
How many paragraphs […]
1) For all 3 sections: Work on the next major sections of your draft. Here is the assignment for those sections. (The directions are slightly different, so please read them!)
2) for the 11 AM and 1 PM […]
How do you cite links?
How am I going to write 12 pages if all we do is practice little paragraph structures and small problem statements?
Since we have to add a multimodal aspect into our first […]
Complete your first sections of your Multimodal Argument Project. Here is the assignment for those sections (you’ve seen it before!).
You may also find it useful to review the overall assignment for the M […]
It was nice to have everyone together again. Yesterday, we:
Started our conversation about the course reflection project that we will ask our students to do at the end of the semester. We set a due date: the […]
1) Complete Activity #2 from today. (I’ve done the first paragraph: you do the remaining four paragraphs.)
Do this in your own google doc. Link to this google doc in a POST called “Paragraph Color-Coding (F […]
Please refrain from opening these google docs until I ask you to in class! Thank you!
I’ll then ask you to make a copy of each doc in your own google drive. Work in your own copy of the doc.
Activity #1 […]
Will there be another draft “workshop” like a peer review?
Is my grade relatively good because I feel as though I do bad on almost everything in here.
How can I motivate myself to keep doing […]
No specific HW due on Wednesday. Just start/continue work on the first sections of your project. If necessary, continue with your research, too (research sources chart).
We’ll be discussing paragraph structure in class.
The only HW for Monday is to complete your “Best Question / Argument Outline” assignment.
In addition to adding the assignment to your rampages site, please bring a hard copy your Outline (not the best q […]
1) Ally was sick today (and has been for several days now)–good wishes to her to get well soon.
2) We started by discussing possible UTAs for next year. Here are the candidates you/we mentioned:
10 AM: […]
This meeting ended up being a starting point in our discussion of “Mommy Wars” and how you would like to lead discussion of it. However, we decided to take one more week to prepare.
1) Read “Mommy Wars” carefully enough to discuss and learn from it in class. We are reading it as another model for your own projects.
2) Write a 2-sentence summary of “Mommy Wars”:
Sentence 1: State what […]
- Load More