Uncategorized

The Hidden truth

Sometimes I wonder if the government all around the world really wants what is best for the people or just what is best for them. With this crisis going on right now Covid-19, I have been thinking deeply according to the news that I heard on Tv and some research that I have done and I have discovered a lot of things with all the time I have on hand with this quarantine . First of all, for the past three elections there seems to be a major crisis that happens in the United states of America. The flu, then Ebola, and now Covid-19, this all makes me think if they are all connected in some way and does the government have something to do with this? The government likes to keep a lot of secrets from the people thinking that it is what is best for the people but that is not always what is best. I feel like the governments all over the world sat down and planned to plant this virus in order to decrease the world population. The world is dying as we know and with the population increase is not helping the cause, so they decide to start off with China because they have the most population, but that is just my opinion. Also, some people are saying that the world is ending and this is God punishing the world. At the end of the day, people are dying and the world is ending so all we can do is to take care of ourselves. With this crisis, My college campus at VCU has been shut down and has forced me to start online classes at home. This has decreased the importance and urgency for me to complete my work because I am in a non educational environment. When I am at school I have this motivation and feeling to get up and complete my work, but when I am home I feel motivated to procrastinate and just go to sleep. I paid tuition for an in person class not to be online having class with less resources available to them. However, with this virus going around it is the only way for students like myself to be safe and still continue their education. We have to learn to adapt to changes because stuff happens all the time and we must be mentally prepared to take on what comes our way. If we all develop the mindset of staying on top of things which I am getting better at then we can all finish the semester with all A’s.

Uncategorized

My multi modem

Today I will be talking about my multimodem project and my progress on it. When Professor G first introduced us to the project, I knew at that moment what I wanted to do and talk about. It had been on my mind for a while now, and I finally got the chance to express it and tell it out loud. However, I did not know how to put it all together or express it in a way that people would easily understand. I did not know whether to do either a movie, a poster, or a slideshow. With a lot of brainstorming and help from my peers, I decided to make an iMovie. Making an iMovie was not going to be challenging for me because we have a YouTube channel called “S.E.A Gang” and I usually do all of the edits on iMovies, so I have experience with imovies. Now that I have figured out how to present my multimodal project and what I will be talking about, all I was missing is how to show it so that my intended audience would be able to understand the main idea of my movie. I came up with many ideas of how to do this, however, there were many flaws to each of these ideas. Every idea I had, I performed it and then afterward, I would show it to at least two of my friends to get feedback on what they are getting from watching the movie. Every idea that I had, each one of my friends and peers would have different interpretations about it. The goal then became for me to make something that everyone would interpret the same. After a while, I started to ask for help on how to accomplish my goal. Thanks to my roommate, I figured out an efficient way to present my project in a way that would allow each person in my intended audience to interpret it the same. I was also able to get useful help and feedback from my classmates at the peer review session that was done in class. From this experience, I learned that it is not always a bad thing to ask others for help, because we all need help sometimes. If you ever write a paper or do a project and you are struck on what to do or if what you have is good enough just ask for help from your peers.

Uncategorized

SMART goal

On the first day of class, I made it my goal to get all A’s and stay on top of my work and not play catch up in any class. This Goal was based on the SMART goal plan I was told by professor Galligan. So far into the semester,I have been on track to accomplish this goal for many classes however; I have not been on track for focus inquiry. Last semester in focus inquiry I had the same smart goals, however i was not able to fully accomplish these goals. I started to slack on my homework and classwork. I began to procrastinate a lot more than I used to. Procrastination is one of the bad habits that I have been practicing a lot of. For example, when we had to post the discussions daily last semester I used to wait till the last hour to do it and then I would forget to do it. This was one of the causes of me not being able to accomplish the goal I set for myself. I have been doing the same thing this semester like not submitting my blogs on time even though we have a weak to complete just one, however I have started to decrease the amount of procrastination I have been doing. That is something that is very hard to do, it is like an addiction. If I were to revise or add to my SMART goal, I would add to decrease the amount of procrastination I do when it comes to doing homework. This something that is not easy to accomplish by yourself and will need help but so far with the help of my friends and classmates have been able to work towards my goal. My friend has been reminding me to get my work done and that this semester is 4.0 semester. We have made it a competition between ourselves and this motivates and pushes us to do the best we can to do our work and get A’s. I have also been reminded by my classmates if I have completed my work and I have also reminded them if they have done theirs or when they will complete their work. I feel like my accountability group has been somewhat helpful in effectively encouraging one another to meet our goals. With time we will not need an accountability group to accomplish our goal because we will become so used to accomplishing our goal by ourselves.

Uncategorized

The things we unsee in life

The world we live in nowadays is advancing in technology, we revolve around technology. I can not imagine what I would do if I didn’t have technology in my life. Can you imagine what people back then used to do when technology was not yet invented. However, there are things that you can do without technology like communicating with an individual face to face. The society we live nowadays has made our world revolve around social media. Two days ago I was walking to class and as my professor told me, I took notice of things on the way and avoided distractions like  my phone and music. This was a hard task for me to accomplish because I have made my phone a part of me, that I couldn’t go on without it. I had put the thought in my mind that without my phone everything is boring and uninteresting. Well, I was wrong because the things we see are actually interesting without distractions. After many tries, I was able to accomplish his task and that is why it took me this long to write this blog. In life it’s very hard to stop doing something that you are so used to doing all the time. We tell ourselves that we can stop doing it at any time but that is not true. We do it so much that it becomes a part of us. For example, if you always practice for basketball after a while it becomes a part of you. As I got ready for class and headed downstairs early in the morning, I noticed that every time I pass the front desk the security people always wave at me and say hello. At least that is what I thought they said because I am always listening to music, but they really tell me to have a good and  I had never said thank you till now. That is not all I noticed, I also noticed that about every 20 meter you walk there is a trash can. I knew that we had trash cans but I didn’t know that we had that much. It is impossible to litter in the city of Richmond because there is a trash can everywhere you go, if you litter then you really must not like the earth. Lastly, I noticed the amount of signs at VCU Is crazy there are over 30 signs just around the library and dining hall area. This is not including the other signs around campus. I guess this is like the city and city seeing and unseeing, in the book you can’t see things from the other city and if you do see it you must I unsee it. I have portrayed this as if you see something, you can’t talk about it or try to forget it making you unsee it. When we walk around campus and our eyes are glued to our phones, we are avoiding things and unseeing things. I feel like this was a way that people in the city of bezel and Ul Qoma avoided seeing things that they were not supposed to see, with distractions.

Uncategorized

Blog 2: Meant to be or coincidence

Today, Something happened to me and this event had me thinking that do things happen because they are meant to be or are they just a coincidence. Before the semester started, I made it my goal to get all A’s and stay on top of my work and not play catch up in any class. This Goal was based on the SMART goal plan I was told by professor Galligan. The S stands for a specific goal, the M for the goal being measurable, the A for the goal being achievable, and lastly the T for the goal being able to accomplish in a good manner. So today I had a chemistry lab to attend at 2 o’clock and i have been getting emails on what we needed for class. I planned to get all these supplies 30 minutes before the class starts.However, i didn’t read an important part of the email which was to write a summary of the first experiment lab. Later that day, I met a classmate that had the lab class before me and told me about the assignment due and how he didn’t do his, which gave him a bad grade to start the semester. I had 40 minutes before the lab class and I also had to go buy the supplies for the class leaving me with no time to do the assignment. I came up with a solution and that solution was to lie. On my way to class, the only thing I could think of was a lie to say. I didn’t want to start the class with a bad grade. Which would not help me accomplish my goal of getting all A’s and not playing catch up. Although something happened when I went to the class. It was cancelled and you can tell how happy I was. Was it meant for me to get all A’s this semester or was this just a coincidence. I think that when things like this happen they can either be meant to be or a coincidence. I believe that it is all about your mindset and how you want to interpret these things. Some people say it’s a coincidence to tell themselves that it is a warning, to always get your stuff done on time. On the other hand, some people tell themselves that it is meant to be so that they have that motivation to never give up. In my situation, I said that it was meant to be, it was meant for me to get all A’s this semester and stay on top of my stuff and not play catch up.

Uncategorized

Critical response/reflection to The City & the City

When I started reading the book “ The city and the city” by China Miéville, It seemed kind of boring to me. I am the type of person that judges a book by its cover even though you are not supposed to. When I read the title of the book it, it made me wonder what this book would be about, but as I started to read the first chapter of the book I became less interested.  I did not know how to pronounce the names of the characters in the book and it made my interest in the book decrease even more. The book then became harder and harder to understand what was going on, for example when it talked about seeing and unseeing things in the other city. I was very confused about what they were talking about that and how that was happening. I wondered if  there was a wall between the two cities like when Berlin had a wall between it. Also how the two cities came into conflict with each other. There were holes in my thoughts on the events that were taking place in the book. A question I had for the author was that out of all the names in the world, why did the author choose the names he chose. As I kept reading the book and things started to become more interesting. It became about solving a mystery and it always left me wondering what will happen in the next chapter like a tv show. Something that the author did that I thought was very interesting was the way he used the word breach and the definition of the word meant  different things according to the spelling. For example, Breach were the people that arrested you for committing a crime, and breach was the name of the crime when you associate with the two cities, and lastly the Breach was the place when you were taken when you commit the crime. Although, I wonder why the author did that? What did the author really want the audience to think about or did he do that because he was feeling lazy. In the beginning of this book i couldn’t really access my imagination towards this book. However, as I kept on reading I was able to access my imagination and could imagine what the author was talking about making the book more interesting.

Uncategorized

Hello world!

Welcome to Rampages.us.

This is your first post. Does it make you sad you didn’t write it? You can change that. Write something better. Change the world. You are lucky enough to be in a position to do that. Make the most of it.

A For Adventure - Wonder - Jackson Ward