Photo

Hello, my name is Benjamin Cabot Meyers, resident of Richmond, VA.  I completed my BS degree from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2005, majoring in Parks and Recreation Management with magna cum laude honors.  I am a graduate student within the Virginia Commonwealth University Department of Sociology.  I am one of the online program students and I am in my second semester of Practicum experience.  I started my graduate degree in the fall of 2016 and I am graduating in the spring 2020 semester.  My career title currently is Senior Enrollment Counselor within the Virginia Commonwealth University College of Engineering.  I have been with VCU for 5 years and have had a successful career thus far.  I am a member of the National Association of College Admissions Counselors, serve on the VCU Staff Senate as an alternate, serve also on the VCU University Council, assist the Director of Military Student Services with programs to service veteran students, and I am a in the process of achieving my Professional Development Certification III through VCU’s HR program.  In addition to my career with VCU I also own and operate my a fitness business called Mandatory Fitness, providing personal training, small and large group training, and I am a group fitness instructor at American Family Fitness in the West End of Henrico County, adjacent to Richmond, VA.  My professional fitness certification is through the American Council on Exercise, which is nationally recognized.  In past careers as a high school educator and fitness professional I have received the employee of the year award and employee of the month award respectively.