Soundscape 2

LOG 2 Date Recorded: June 9th Today the warmth of summer has begun to ignite, and with it I have begun to notice more and more noises of nature arise with it. I make my way to the bench by the church again in the middle of the forest and lay down and close my eyes. This time the whistling of the trees is much …… Read More Soundscape 2

Soundscape 1

LOG 1. Date Recorded: June 1st Place Recorded: Greek Forest Today I made my first walk over to the great green pines that inhabit the lands next to the beach in Greece. I sit down in my usual spot, a church in the middle of the forest. I lay down on a bench next to the church an close my eyes. Summer has yet to …… Read More Soundscape 1

Listening to the Soundscape: 5 (Ashley Young)

6/30/17 at 11:45pm No. 5- Return to the Rescue Squad Listened/Observed to sounds from Bay Door 1 area of the rescue squad, about 100 ft away from the road Atmospheric Conditions: warm and humid, dark outside, stars visible with some cloudiness Tonight has been a busy night at the rescue squad and I am just … Continue reading Listening to the Soundscape: 5 (Ashley Young)Read More Listening to the Soundscape: 5 (Ashley Young)

Listening to the Soundscape: 4 (Ashley Young)

6/23/17 at 9:30 pm No. 4-An Evening in Small Town Sandston Listened/Observed to sounds from my grandma’s living room with the window open, about 30 feet from the road Atmospheric Conditions: hot and stuffy, darkness/absence of lights in the house (due to grandma already crashed out on the sofa) Grandma and I just finished watching … Continue reading Listening to the Soundscape: 4 (Ashley Young)Read More Listening to the Soundscape: 4 (Ashley Young)

Listening to the Soundscape: 2 (Ashley Young)

6/9/17 at 10:15pm No. 2-Another Evening in Small Town Mechanicsville Listened/Observed to sounds from my back porch in Mechanicsville, VA about 20 ft away from the road Atmospheric Conditions: cooler, dark outside, stars visible with cloudiness present Tonight is different from last week in that since I have been out hear I have not heard … Continue reading Listening to the Soundscape: 2 (Ashley Young)Read More Listening to the Soundscape: 2 (Ashley Young)

Listening to the Soundscape: 1 (Ashley Young)

6/2/17 at 10pm \ No. 1-An Evening in Small Town Mechanicsville Listened/Observed to sounds from my back porch in Mechanicsville, VA about 20 ft away from the road Atmospheric Conditions: warm, dark outside, stars visible As I sit out on my back porch tonight, I hear very few cars passing by as I am in … Continue reading Listening to the Soundscape: 1 (Ashley Young)Read More Listening to the Soundscape: 1 (Ashley Young)