Professional Experience

In my current role as the Director of Program Evaluation at the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing, I am responsible for directing the ongoing systematic plan of program evaluation and benchmarking for use in quality improvement in all five nursing education programs. My major responsibilities are collecting and analyzing program evaluation measures as outlined in our program assessment plans, including designing & implementing surveys, performing graduate exit interviews and preparing academic program review reports for the school, institution, state, and national accrediting and regulatory agencies.

Additionally, from 2011 to present, I have been a member of the VCU University Assessment Council. This university-wide council is charged with ensuring the university maintains compliance with Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) standards related institutional effectiveness and general education competencies, as well adherence to the State Council of Higher Education in Virginia (SCHEV) in Virginia Public Higher Education Policy on the Assessment of Student Learning. I am extensively trained in WEAVEonline and I serve as the WEAVEonline administrator for the VCU School of Nursing.

In collaboration with the program directors and curriculum committee chairs, I am also charged with providing support to the undergraduate academic nursing programs, including curriculum development & implementation.