final

I would like a reflection on the formatting and the objectives. I really seem to have difficulty with that.  Also, just overall clarity. It really is in progress though. I am not going to have the other aspects done within the site. The About section I am still working on. So, the community piece is not where I want it yet. I have to do more research around materials and directions for that.

I am unsure how you should evaluate it. I suppose you should evaluate in terms of the lesson and whether it achieves what is supposed to in regards to the objectives. I think it has a ways to go because I feel the way it is presented is slightly controversial. So, I may need to work on presentation and framing.

The rest of the site is not where I want it. It has some of the bones but I am struggling with the community portion right now and how to provide directions on that. I am researching other sites that have done it successfully and there is a lot I still need to figure out. I also may decide later to change the platform in which the site is on.

I learned a lot about technology. For instance, I did not know much about WordPress and it’s capabilities. So, that was pretty interesting. It was really neat to see different tools that are free of cost and their capabilities. The learning theories were really interesting. I love the original idea behind MOOCs and Connectivism. However, I think it is very difficult to achieve the goal of continuous community and networking within eLearning. I think that aspect of things is evolving still but some have done it successfully. Overall, I really gained a greater perspective into the potential for eLearning and the multiple learning methods that can be applied to online content.

One Reply to “final”

1. Mary,

Great job on this. Here is my feedback:

“I would like a reflection on the formatting and the objectives. I really seem to have difficulty with that.”

I think the site looks great. I think your formatting in the lesson looks great as well. You use the different fonts effectively and it doesnt look junky. Really clean, and your introduction on the home page is clear about what this site sets out to do. Part of me wonders though if wordpress is the right tool, or maybe just restructuring a bit to bring the community building elements more out front. So for example maybe having your blog posts (or the disucssion forum) on the main page might work. I think it is the interactive elements that will do the most in terms of building community. In addition, if you do stay with wordpress, I would include widgets that link to other social media platforms that you could develop to help build community.

In your lesson, your first two learning objectives are OK. The second two aren’t really learning objectives, but more activities they will do. A learning objective states what learners will learn or be able to do after engaging in your activities. So after participants read those articles, what will they now be able to do hat they couldn’t before? And after they use the discussion board what will they have learned or what will they demonstrate (that they have learned) using the forums? Does that make sense? If you want reply back with improved learning outcomes and we can work on this together.

“Also, just overall clarity. It really is in progress though. I am not going to have the other aspects done within the site. The About section I am still working on. So, the community piece is not where I want it yet. I have to do more research around materials and directions for that.”

Generally, i think your lesson is clear. One question: It seems ike there are two lessons on the same page (Accessibility and Compliance, Accessibility and Diversity) Shouldn’t those each have their own page?

In both assignments, you ask learners to post in the forum, but post what?

Also, are you planning on assessing learners in any way?

I actually like how your lesson reads like a story, i think this works for the audience you want. Great job.

“I am unsure how you should evaluate it. I suppose you should evaluate in terms of the lesson and whether it achieves what is supposed to in regards to the objectives.”

So your first two objectives state that learners will “demonstrate an understanding…). Where will this happen? In the forum? If so , are you prompting them to do this?

Obviously the course has concluded (you did great), and you are not required to respond back any more, However, if you would like to, I will continue to work with you as long as you like. It was great working with you this summer.